Sunday, August 28, 2005

August 28th, 2005 -Sunday morning, early.

Thanks for visiting!

If you think of any more emergency or helpful phone numbers or suggestive readings for victims of violence or abuse, please email me and let me know.

Hard to believe fall is fast approaching. It seems as soon as my birthday rolls around, (first part of Aug.) summer is almost over. Did it fly by or what? I have noticed the "birds gathering" on the wires near our home and also in my travels to and from town.

The pond looks great now that it is more organized and cleaned out to some degree. The fish are still abundant and I will more than likely be removing a number of the smaller ones for the neighbor's pond. The little turtle is growing fast, and he shows up now mainly in the evenings when I feed the fish and helps himself to a morsel or two. His little body/shell is about two inches in diameter.

Certainly glad that the very hot, humid weather has passed. We did get some rain a couple weeks ago and a light drizzle yesterday, but the ground is still so dry.

Some of my tomatoes were between a small basketball and a baseball. I have no idea how they even grew to this dimension as I only watered them occasionally. But they are delicious and I have been sharing them. I found out last year that I am now allergic to tomatoes, and just about anything acidic in nature. I can eat a little, but then I start the itching. Bummer. I grew some Romas for my father-in-law and they are delicious too.

The peach trees in our orchard have lost a lot of peaches. I picked one yesterday and ate it. It was still firm, but the taste was great. I started itching about an hour later.

I have been working diligently on my sequel, trying to get it done. I have been up early (4-5 a.m.) with my mind running on overtime. I typed for nine hours yesterday and probably will do more of the same today.

We will visit a friend of ours today and take her a birthday bag full of goodies. She was my matron-of-honor at our wedding, and we have remained friends for all of these year. She brought me the neatest birthday presents on my birthday. Three little figurines that sit on a shelf. One is a blue/green peacock, a pink flamingo, and a duck (wearing boots) that I have set on rocks at the edge of the pond. Then she gave me a beautiful Indian doll, dressed in full Indian attire. I have it sitting on the back of my couch below the Indian picture I purchased out in Bellingham, Washington at a Goodwill store. The picture is really neat. It shows an Indian woman astride an Appaloosa horse, holding a child. Attached and dragging behind the horse is a litter, with various colored blankets on it. (My friend knew I have Indian in me.)

I have yet to discover what my Indian (Great-Grandmother's) history is. According to my Uncle, she was killed by a streetcar in Maine, after my Grandfather was born.

I did a Genealogy search two summers in a row (2003 & 2004) and covered a lot of territory, especially in PA. Found a lot of information, (some I wanted to know and some I didn't!) and was able to go back seven generations.

My hubby is gearing up to start teaching again on this coming Tuesday. He has a lot of kids between his two subjects. The most he has had in many years. (Freshmen & Seniors-night & day.)

I read a book this week which is very uplifting and interesting. It is called: 90 Minutes In Heaven-by Don Piper w/Cecil Murphey. Wow! What an experience! Great read!

Hope you have a great day, and a great week.
Until next time: 'Praise God from whom all blessings flow. '

Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home