Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Wednesday morning 7 a.m.

Greetings one and all.

The birds are gathering on the high tension towers behind our home, down by the woods. There must me hundreds of them, maybe thousands. They put up quite a chatter each evening.

The weather has been beautiful, but we could use some rain. Some of the grass has come back in the yard from the last rain about a month ago. I'm sure it will all be fine by spring, ready to mow again.

It was very warm last night, with the daytime temperature reaching almost ninety degrees and I broke down and turned the air on last night. I think it made the cats happy. I will turn it on this morning before I leave to take my neighbor different places and some errands I have to do myself. My elderly had a malignant tumor in her breast, and had the breast removed over a month ago. Her lymph nodes were negative. Thank you, Lord. She does not have to have radiation or chemo. Her husband has Parkinsons disease and neither one drives. They are in their 80's. Nice people, good neighbors.

The fish are thriving, and I have yet to remove some of them. I will probably do that later this fall. I think there are at least eight frogs in the pond. The little turtle-dude, Herman, is doing well also. I was able to catch him yesterday evening to check him out, and he seems much better. The logs we put in the pond for him to climb on and sun himself during the day has worked very well. (A suggestion from our sister-in-law.)

The devastation in the south is so hard to comprehend. Please keep all those misplaced and struggling people in your prayers, and of course the ones that have lost loved ones. My heart goes out to those who have not only lost loved ones, but their pets. For some, their pets were their reason for living. So sad.

I typed for 14 hours yesterday on my sequel, A Better Day Dawning. It is getting down to the wire and I am anxious to get it done. I have set myself a deadline for October 1st, and I hope I can stick to it. Once it is completed, I will send it in for publication. Then, I will recieve two proof books to go through and have it checked again for errors by my proofreader. After that, it takes about four weeks to be released. I am hoping for sometime in December, so check my website/blog for updated information on it's progress!

I thank all of you who have visited, and I thank anyone who has purchased my first book. I know there are some typo errors still left in the book, and the use of exclamation points was a little excessive, but hey, my life then was a huge exlamation point! What can I say. New author experience.

I will be attending the Belleuve "Book Fest" in Bellevue, Ohio this Saturday, September 17th. The "Book Fest" will be held at the high school. The doors open to the public at 10:00 a.m. and it runs until 4 p.m. Hope to see you there! I look forward to meeting you, and any comments you may want to share.

I will be having a drawing for a "free book"--- so stop by my table and fill out a ticket for the drawing. I will draw the name when I get home, and send you my book.

Enjoy often, laugh out loud, and peace be with you,

Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home