Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by and visiting my website. I hope the information here provides you with useful and valuable information to help you or someone you know learn about domestic violence and abuse and save a life!

It has been a crazy month since I posted last. Finally got over the flu and a bad cough that lasted weeks! Hubby is better too.

It has been non-stop rain! We plowed the garden over a month ago, and hubby disked it, but with all the rain and mud, he has to do it over again but we are waiting for it to dry out! Now more rain is coming next week, so we have no idea when we will get seeds and plants in. I haven't even bought them yet, and hopefully there will be some left somewhere to buy them and get them in the garden! Crazy spring-weather wise!

The dogs are fine and the kitties are fine. Buddy is doing really well and has so much fun everyday with his buddy Lucy. The grass in the field is getting really high and it is hard to find them when they go out there. Lucy is the super mole-catcher and is averaging about one a day! I have noticed the moles have been very busy in my numerous flower beds! I had a huge Hosta out front in the planter in front of the house, between the Peonies and noticed last fall a lot of the dirt where it sits was hooved up. So when spring came, hardly any of the Hosta is coming up. Weird. Maybe it will come back better next year.

I have not had too many women in my WISH group of late. Many of them work and can't make it, so I send them information in the mail and hopefully this helps them and educates them on their situations.  I will probably be taking off a couple months for the summer. Not many can make it in the summer as their children are out of school and they can't afford babysitters to make it to WISH. Just have to wait and see. My boss said if she gets anyone who can make a WISH, she will call me and I will go in to talk with them.

My great nephew graduates from college and his parents are having a graduation party June 11 and we will be going to it. Such a wonderful young man and so proud of him and his accomplishments.

I've been extremely busy with CCAPL stuff. Trying to get the plumbing started and then the cement poured for inside the animal shelter. Hopefully we can start on these two things soon! We have a major fundraiser coming up- a 3-day rummage sale over Memorial Weekend and it takes 6 days to do from start to finish. A lot of work but worth it!

My neighbor and I worked for two days doing all the flower beds I have. We got it all done and it looks wonderful. I even dug out a section of a flower bed that was so full of grass I just had to take it all out and redo it. Looks good now and easier to keep up with now.

Hubby and I had our 35th. wedding anniversary on May 17th. Wow! Hard to believe that many years have passed already. We are on a roll now!

Busy week coming up!
So, stay safe, and learn all you can about domestic violence and abuse and safe a life, even your own!
Best regards,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home