Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sun. morning, Feb. 17, 2008

Good morning, folks,
Good to hear from you this past week! Glad to hear one lady is out of her abusive relationship and trying to move on. You go girl!!

The crazy weather this past week sure put things in perspective! Ice, lots of snow, freezing rain, very cold, windy, everything! Hubby plowed the driveway on Wednesday, and we ventured into town early in the afternoon after the road crew plowed our road. The hill was treacherous going down, and we took the long way home, knowing we could not make it back up the very long steep hill!

It was a good time to stay in and get things done inside, especially the office/computer room. I spent three days, (still working on it), arranging files, cleaning out old stuff, sorting, pitching out, and boxing files that were old.

On Wednesday, Mandy our older Beagle, seemed to be walking funny in her rear quarters, plus she didn't seem to be able to raise her head up. So off to the Vet's on Thursday. The really nice lady-vet checked her out, and determined Mandy had hurt her back somehow. We don't have a clue how. Anyway, she put her on some muscle relaxants, and also some Rimydol for her back. She is almost back to her old self, and we are glad. She is such a wimp though, and just eats up the attention she has been getting.
I posted a new poem I wrote back in 2007, on my www.authornation.com website. It is called: "My Gift To You." Maybe if you get a chance, you can check it out!

I booked a flight to Georgia in April to visit my sister for a few days. I am looking forward to it a lot as I have not seen her or her wonderful husband for over a year. Air Tran offered a special "Valentines Deal" and I took advantage of it. My sister is splitting the cost of the air fare.

I'm not sure why spellchecker is not working on this site any more. So, if you would, please excuse any typos I might have.

Lots to do today and this week. Especially, finish the computer room and get it into some kind of order.

Along with my co-workers at work, we were able to watch the Bobby Cutts, Jr. trial verdicts unfold and the verdicts handed down in his case on Friday. On Monday, the 25th of Feb., the sentencing will be given. Such a tragedy for that young girl, her baby, and her family.

I ordered some new website software and hopefully I can learn how to use it! I want to manage this site myself, and I'm sure it will be a challenge-and-a-half to me to do so!

Until next time, stay safe, stay warm, and think spring!

Take care, and count your blessings.
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home