Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sunday morning, January 6, 2008

Hi, Folks,
Well, it is going to be an interesting week. I went to bed last night feeling a little poorly. Woke up this morning with a little laryngitis. Bummer. I have a meeting tomorrow night for the CCAPL. I'm supposed to take scalloped potatoes because we are having a "pot luck" dinner before the meeting. I'll just have to wait and see how I feel. There is so much sickness going around it is unreal.

This week, on Thursday, I took my both of my elderly neighbors to Statcare in town. They were there for over four hours. (Not sure what the "Immediate Statcare" means at this point!). Anyway, I went and got a can of Lysol and sprayed my car with it, as both were coughing a lot and sniffling. Especially the man. I guess it didn't really do any good.

They did x-ray both of them to see if either one had pneumonia, cleaned out his ear, gave him a breathing treatment, which didn't do a whole lot of good because when we left to wait on the prescriptions, he was really wheezing, breathing hard, and still coughing a lot while sitting in the car.

Then on Friday I went into work to call girls for Monday's W.I.S.H. I should have taken the Lysol with me as my boss was sick too during the week and I had to use her office to do my calling. I did wipe the phone down with Purell and used my own pen. But, I forgot to wipe the doorknobs! After leaving, I stopped at the store and of course, used the shopping cart. That is the number 1 place germs are rampant! Even though I left my gloves on most of the time, I had to take them off at different times while I was shopping. Bummer. Do you think we should all just stay indoors for the remainder of the winter? (I wonder how many people would end of losing their minds?) Of course we know that isn't an option, but gosh, so many people are sick!

On a brighter note. I am having my website guy put some of my poems on my website. Plus, I have some "one-liners" I wrote too. Check them out and let me know what you think of them! Good or bad? My brother-in-law gave me a really neat book for Christmas. It deals with poetry and is very good. I have read some of it, and certainly plan on doing more as soon as possible.

I finished reading Ann Rule's "The Stranger Beside Me". What an incredible book. She is such a good writer and I visit her website often. I just started reading her new book, "Too Late To Say Goodbye" last night.

Okay folks. Gotta go and get some things prepared for the meeting tomorrow night, plus other stuff. Yesterday I worked on tax stuff for over eight hours. It's that time of year again!

I wish you a blessed week. Stay safe.
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home