Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving morning, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone!

The turkey is in the oven (8:08 a.m.), the tantalizing odors are emanating throughout the house. I have basted it four times, and will continue to do so until it is almost ready. Then remove the cover to brown it, pull it out, let it set a while to firm, and then it is "Feast Time."

I am thankful I have a turkey to cook, (thanks to father-in-law), and a table to set it on with all the trimmings. Some do not.

I am thankful I have a home to celebrate this wonderful day of being thankful. I am thankful I have eyes to see, (well, one at least), and ears to hear, the ability to move about freely without physical restrictions. I am thankful I have a loving husband and friends. I am thankful I have a job and that I get the opportunity to help women feel good about themselves and having the tools to help them strive to have a better life if they are open to it. (Not always, as it is always their decision.) I can only provide the "tools" to help them. I am only an instrument in the daily struggles they face alone or even worse, when there are children involved, they have to think of them too. It is so difficult for them at times.

I am thankful for my animals. They give so much without even realizing it. Their antics are forever causing me to smile. I am thankful for the ability to smile, which I try to do often. Some cannot for whatever reasons.

I am thankful I live in a nation that has so much freedom. I am so thankful for all the men and women who are serving, away from their families, so I may continue to live in freedom.

I am thankful for my family. There are so many who have no one.

I am thankful I have a car and money for gas. So many do not. For some, this is a constant struggle.

I am thankful for the choice and the ability to believe in a God who is awesome, loving, caring, and always present through trials, tribulations, joys, and sorrows. He knows our needs. He does provide. Thank you, God.

I am thankful for the ability to think and make decisions. Many cannot.
I am thankful for the clothes I have to wear. So many have very little.

I am thankful for this day for many reasons. I hope you can reflect on this day, and be thankful too wherever you are or whatever situation you are in.

Blessings,

Becky Conrad

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home