Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday morning, October 28, 2007

Hello Folks,
First of all, there are some decisions to make that I am having trouble dealing with. ABC.com has revealed a new Internet revolution for "people that own a website, or want to create one, to earn lots of money with advertising on a website-for the Gray-googlers generation?"

I suppose it could be a good thing, but then it could also be a bad thing. I have tried to maintain an informative website for victim/survivors of domestic violence and abuse, stalking, and learning how to get "one' s life back" after going through the tumultuous emotional roller-coaster of violence and abuse. Adding advertisement links, possibly for other websites for anyone seeking help, could be a good thing, but on the other hand, do I want all the ads. on my website? Hmm. This will have to be researched and considered. Of course I would like to make money. Who doesn't? But then again, at what cost would this step take me? More decisions.

This week was a crazy week. I got a lot done, but much to do. I started yesterday with the "Kilz" paint on the ceiling throughout the house where we had some leaking from the roof. Mainly around the skylights in the kitchen. The roof was never done properly from the manufacturer, so therefore, leaking did occur. Now the whole ceiling needs painted throughout the entire house. I am going to start tackling that project this morning as soon as it becomes light enough to start. My goal is to get it done by the end of this week coming up.

I went to Amazon.com on several occasions. I wanted them to update my book's content and was willing to send them all the information of corrections with better clarity, and flow after I had my first book revised in June of 2006. Well, after receiving numerous emails that they don't know who I am, or the fact that it is a "generated no-response" email, I gave up. So this morning, I uploaded an image of the revised book cover. Hopefully someone who wants to buy my first book, will see that it has been revised and updated and will decided to buy it because so. Isn't it amazing that the large Internet conglomerates do not have phone numbers or actual people available so someone can call them and talk to them?

Please pray for a very dear friend of mine, Vicki. She is suffering so badly and is in so much agonizing pain, constantly. She has been to numerous doctors, and now has had some blood test results come back that are gearing towards, "Lupus." She is to have more blood work done in a couple months to compare with the last blood tests. Why does she have to wait so long as she is so miserable and in so much pain? Do the doctors really care? Then to top it off, her wonderful and faithful dog is not doing well at all and may go at anytime. This too has been a very heavy burden and task she is facing, and this factor is not helping her in the least with her own horrific health issues. So please, pray for both of them. Her husband is a great guy, and helps her with so much as she is unable to perform daily functions at times that leave her weak and in even more pain. She is an awesome lady, and loves and cares for animals. She has rescued countless kittens and other animals and she has such a good-kindhearted-heart!

I had my computer guy add the link to http://www.authornation.com/ on my website. If you go there, type in beckyconrad, (no space), or survivor_beckyconrad, and you can find my new website there. Please visit me there too!
I must get things ready to tackle the painting job.
We may have snow flurries today! Brrr. Not ready for it, but it is inevitable.
Be blessed, be safe, and have a good week. Until next time,
Best regards,
Becky Conrad :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home