Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday morning, October 21, 2007

Hi, Folks,
I had a great time at both book signings this week. The trip to Wheeling, W. Va. was a little long as I took a wrong turn (or actually went straight instead of turning onto the new bridge), but I made it in time. I had the opportunity to speak to many different people in different walks of life at the West Liberty State College. Cheri Aul, the manager, was most helpful and a delight to talk to and to get acquainted with. She is a very nice young lady. She invited me back in February to do a talk at the "Speakeasy" they have on campus. I was supposed to do that on Wednesday, but the roof was leaking, and that was not a good thing so I was in the bookstore.

There was a young gal I talked to at length. She was having a lot of difficulty in her new relationship with her boyfriend. Trusting was the biggest issue as she was a victim of abuse. Ya know, that is a really big issue with women (and men too) that they face in their lives after surviving a relationship of violence and abuse. It takes time. She is seeking counseling, and that is a plus, but she must be patient and give herself time to trust, and hopefully with her new partner in her life, he is understanding and patient as well.

The book signing went very well at Border's in Cuyahoga Falls. I met other authors there (four of us total), and I bought they books they were selling. I handed out a lot of literature on domestic violence and abuse, and in doing so, achieved my goal of educating the public on the subject.

What is a successful book signing anyway? Is it selling and signing a lot of books? (Every author's dream come true.) Or, is it educating the people (if only a few), on the subject you are promoting? As for me, I had a very successful signing on both days!

I was able to procure another book signing at another Border's in Medina, Ohio, November 10, 2007, from 1 -3 p.m. I am excited about this too! I am going to try and get in as many as I can before the bad winter weather is upon us and traveling would be tricky.

It is so hard to believe with the grand weather we have been having that Christmas is not that far away. Amazing how time flies at times.

One of these days, probably when the snow is flying and I won't be leaving the house, I am going to put more pictures on my website from the first book and the second book. Time seems to go so quickly in the course of a day! (I have been up since 4:15 a.m. and it is already 8 a.m. I did my "new writing" on my other website at www.authornation.com this morning, and sent some pictures to the other authors present at Border's yesterday, plus answered some emails, etc., and now I have to get some things done for the CCAPL, and some house cleaning, and pond cleaning.

Hubby was so kind yesterday and made his delicious spaghetti for supper. His dad came down and helped him cut up the wood in the field, and then went down in the woods and dragged out more logs. We have a good supply as of now, but it will go quickly once winter is upon us.

The dogs are enjoying the cooler weather, (not 90 degrees), and are very frisky. They are still stealing green tomatoes and green peppers out of the garden. Hubby will probably mow it all off soon. Fine with me. I still have two baskets of both on the back porch waiting for me to do something with them. I'm not sure what yet. The leaves are coming down now and yet the fall array of colors are painting a fine picture in our woods and just about everywhere. Such a beautiful time of year.

Gotta go for now. Stay safe, be blessed, and learn all you can about domestic violence and abuse. It could save a life of someone you know and love.
Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home