Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday morning, August 19th, 2007

Good morning, everyone,
I hope you had a good week. The weather was glorious and so much cooler.

Still no sign of Herman/Henrietta. Hmm. He/she must have left the area to find a mate or do whatever turtles do. Maybe he/she will come back.
The garden is flourishing, as are the peach trees. I have picked three full baskets so far. Gave one basket away, and am going to attempt freezing some today.
It is raining right now, so picking the green beans is out unless they dry later on. Hubby's third planting of sweet corn is about ready. It is the candy-corn and oh, so, delicious.

Tuesday, hubby and I worked on a lot of the veggies from the garden. He cut up green peppers and bagged them for freezing. I did some zucchini, green beans, regular tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, and some cauliflower. We are such a good team!

I'm working diligently on getting a grant letter out to foundations for the CCAPL. We are moving along quite nicely and have had more people join and participate in fund-raisers. This weekend coming up, August 24th-26th, we will have a booth at the Antique Tractor Club event at the Carroll County Fairgrounds. Lots of dog/cat items to sell, plus some baked pies, cakes, and varieties of breads. Yum, Yum! Then October 13th, a Saturday, we are going to have a bizarre- bake sale-membership drive-hot dog stand at the Carrollton Friendship Center. We are sure hoping we get a lot of donations of things to raise money for the shelter fund. We are still working on the website for the CCAPL and checking various avenues for this. If we can get it free, that is even better.

I am anxiously awaiting my book signing September 1st, up at Oberlin College bookstore. Wow!
Another place I am trying to get into is a Border's. That would be totally awesome and a foot in the door for me for other places as well. I'm also looking forward to conducting the author workshop at the Carrollton Arts Center. (See coming events on this website.)

I heard from a past W.I.S.H. participant living in W.Va. now. She has met a wonderful fellow, got married, going to school, and having a much better life now than she had when she was coming to W.I.S.H. I am so proud of her and her accomplishments. She has her goals set high and wants to become an advocate.. She currently works with the mentally-challenged now, and she is a very compassionate and caring person. She deserves so much of a better life, and I am so thrilled she is seeking it! You go, girl! I'm going to try and send my books down to her local library so she and others can read them. I'm waiting to hear from the director of the library.

I have a very busy week coming up, but that is normal for me. "Busy hands are happy hands" I say!

Have a blessed week. Stay safe, and thank God everyday for waking up in the morning. Yes, the world is in a mess, and bad things happen to good people, but do not be discouraged, for He is always walking by our side, carrying us when we are at our lowest, and giving us strength for each new dawn.

My best regards to each of you.
Becky :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home