Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sat. morning, July 28, 2007

Good morning, everyone,

Wow! What a great author's workshop in Cleveland yesterday. I met some very enthusiastic and wonderful people, inspiring authors, and established authors, at the workshop. I sure learned a lot! Every time I attend one of those, it has always been worth the time, money, and effort.

I left at 5:30 a.m. and it was raining like crazy. Almost the whole way up there it rained very hard. Nasty driving, and it was so dark! I got there about 7:30 a.m. (found a Starbucks and had delicious coffee and a coffee-cake). Also found the Joseph-Beth Booksellers book store in the Legacy Village area. Gosh, what a nice place. What a huge bookstore! The bistro on the first floor was very nice. A little pricey for a salad and iced tea, but oh, well.

I had the pleasure of meeting a lady named, Nancy. We struck up a conversation right at the beginning, and had lunch together. She may even come down to my author's workshop I am holding at the Art's Center in Carrollton on September 15th. That would be great if she could make it. She is trying to write a children's book. She works with mentally handicapped children. Her book sounds really nice. I wish her well. She was very excited about all the information and encouragement she recieved at the workshop too.

When we had our break for lunch, the sun was shining and it had warmed up considerably. The way home was something else. I turned the wrong way when I left the Legacy Village area, and went about three miles, asked directions from a lady sitting in the car next to me, turned around and went back to Legacy Village where I should have turned right instead of left. Oops! When I finally got on I271, it was bumper to bumper (5:20 p.m. traffic), for miles. It was not until I almost reached Akron, that the traffic finally started to thin out and moved along. I was so thirsty and had left my water bottle in the car. Well, warm water is better than none, so I drank most of it. Yuck. Anyway, I finally got home around 7:10 p.m. I was sure glad to be home and thankful I made the trip without incident. Gosh. I don't know how people in the big city areas drive in that traffic all the time. It has to be frustrating at times when it is so congested and heavy.
I emailed my computer guy already this morning to make some changes on my website to make it easier to navigate for those visiting.
I just love learning new things. It sure keep my brain functioning.
I'm also going to have my computer guy put some links on the website for anyone wanting information on becoming an author.
I added something to my blog earlier this morning. Comments on my blog. Love to hear from you!
Gotta go for now. The birds are singing already this morning. Oh, hubby said it rained here until almost noon. Great. That will sure help the garden! I will probably have zucchini now the size of Rhode Island.
Hubby and I are going down to Philly this morning to get electrical supplies (wiring, etc.) for the new baseboard heaters that arrived. Might make a trip to WalMart too and get a few groceries.

Take care, be blessed, and have a great weekend.
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home