Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday morning, June 17, 2007

Hello, Folks,

Thanks for visiting my website. I hope you find information that is valuable to you or for someone you know going through domestic violence and abuse. If there is something more I need to add to this website, please contact me and let me know. I certainly will see what I can add to help someone dealing with D.V. and abuse. There are many out there, suffering endlessly with all the baggage, guilt, trying to fix things, trying to make life better, but unless the abuser sees what he is doing, admits he is abusive, and seeks professional help to change, it will not stop. I know many women stay in the relationship for many reason. They just wish the abuse and violence would stop!

This past week, I went into the V.A. office on Friday. I had not been there for almost three weeks. I called some girls that used to come to W.I.S.H. just to get an update on how their lives are doing. One lovely young lady, told me she got married recently! I was so glad for her! Her new husband treats her like a queen, and I am so glad she was able to get beyond the violence and abuse, forgive, and move on. It took a lot on her part to move out of the darkness, but she did it. I am so proud of her. I wish for her a wonderful life!

I took a little vacation to get things done at home and be with hubby before he started class for his Masters at Kent this past Monday. We had a good couple of weeks together. Got some fishing in, and did some projects together at home. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. He respects me and my opinions. We don't always agree on some issues, but he is so mature, and thinks through issues, and we discuss things a lot. I believe communication between partners is the only way to go. Otherwise, doubts creep in, trust goes out the window, and soon you have a strained relationship. I believe respect for one another is the top priority in any relationship. My hubby has never, ever called me a bad name! Nor has he ever called me stupid, ugly, ignorant, useless, etc., because, there again, he respects and loves me!

In a growing relationship, (marriage or co-hab., or whatever), both parties need to grow. If one mate stays stagnant, change and acceptance of new happenings (good or bad), or things that you face, must be done together. Talking things out, respecting one another's feelings, it is all part of the growing process. If there are issues to deal with, discuss them, or seek professional help to deal with them. To me, doing so does not show a sign of weakness, but an inner strength to resolve issues and put them behind you and give you the ability to move forward in your life.

I have had to learn to forgive the young, naive, coerced, person I was years ago when I went through abuse and violence, by former partners and my own family. I have come to realize I also have to have compassion for that young woman that I was long ago. She made errors in choices, and today, I know I am a better person. I have learned to forgive and let go.

The weather this past week was awesome! Hubby and I got a lot of things done. In the evenings, we sat on the back deck and was able to observe the adult song birds bringing in their young to share feed from the bird feeders. It is so comical to watch the fledglings flap their wings constantly and demanding feeding! They squawk and squeal to be fed. I don't know how the adults find the time to eat themselves with so many youngin's squawking for food.

The little "zip-through-the-air" Ruby-throated hummingbirds have really been going through the feeder. Even while hubby and I enjoy our meals on the deck, they come and feed. I always greet them when they arrive. They are so fascinating to watch. Pretty soon, we will start seeing the Hummingbird moths. They are so neat too!

Gotta go. Keep in touch. Thanks for visiting here. Until next time, be blessed, stay safe, and share with others to help them understand about domestic violence and abuse. It could save a life!
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home