Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday evening, April 22, 2007 - 7:15 p.m.

Hi, Folks,
Wow! What a gorgeous day! The sun was shining so brightly and the warmth of its rays was comfort to my aching muscles. I spent yesterday, most of the day, washing down spouting and siding on our house. What a job. I must have gone up and down the ladder a thousand times! I'm not done yet. I ran out of day and strength. (I use diluted "Awesome" cleaner-50/50 ratio. Great for siding, RV's, campers, house trailers--- just about anything. Dollar General has it for, you guessed it, a $1.00 a bottle with sprayer. Then, you can also get a refill jug of 24 oz. for $3.00-four extra ounces free!)
Today I went to a baby shower for a very dear friend. She is in her 30's and this is her first child. She is having a boy. I am so excited for her! The shower was very nice, and she received a lot of great things to get her started. She is a very special young lady to me, and she has been through a lot in recent years. But, she has recovered, and moved on, even finding a man who loves her and appreciates her for who she is. I know that baby (Hunter) will learn to laugh a lot because she has learned to laugh again also. Please pray for her though. She is having some difficulty with severely swollen feet, ankles and legs. When I saw her I became alarmed, as this is not a good thing. Hopefully when she sees the doctor tomorrow, he will tell her, "get more rest-or better yet, quit working 40-48 hour weeks! She is on her feet a lot. I know she only has two more months to go, but this is serious stuff! Are you listening girlfriend?

When I got home today, company was here, and we had a most enjoyable visit sitting in the backyard along with the birds singing, beautiful sunshine, a gentle breeze and sun rays warming our bodies. So nice.

Herman was able to get on his log the other day. I am so glad. Now he can bask in the sunshine on his log and I don't have to worry about getting that stuff around his shell and on his little legs and tail from not being able to get completely out of the water to dry out.

Hubby also disked and harrowed the garden today while I was gone. He and I are both anxious to get things planted, but we will probably wait on some things. I will put in my onion sets this week, and plant a small row of radishes. They like cool weather.

I am going to add some comments on the news article regarding the murder/suicide. Such a shame and a waste of precious life. I feel so badly for that woman and her family. It is so sad.

Just when we were trying to move on with the Virginia massacre, some lone gunman up and shoots someone and himself in the Space Center. Good grief! How did he get access to a gun if he was unstable? How in the world did he get into the Space Center with a gun?

I am not against guns, but I am very disappointed and angry that what systems we have in place fail to let others know about such mentally ill people that allow them to purchase guns and randomly or not, shoot innocent victims and themselves. What a mess. Something has to change. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and innocent lives are destroyed forever.

This will be a busy week for me. I do hope you are getting a chance to enjoy the beauty of the world this Earth Day. Yes, there is a lot of nasty things out there, but I count my blessings everyday because I am alive and functioning, so far! Praise God for that! He is awesome!

If you get a chance, purchase a little book called: The Prayer of Jabez or Secrets of the Vine -both are by Bruce Wilkinson. Inspiring, uplifting and encouraging little books.

Until next time, stay safe, be blessed, and hug someone. Happy Spring!
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home