Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday, April 8, 2007

Good morning, folks!

I just got back from the Community Sunrise Service at 6:30 a.m. this morning. Very nice and very moving. Wonderful songs of praise! Great service!

Brr! It is so cold and snowy. Hard to believe it is spring and Easter with snow. Did someone say "I'm dreaming of a white Easter?" I have barely been out of the house for two days! So windy and cold! Chill factor in the teens and single digits. Brrr-Brrr-Brrr.

Hubby had to take the fountain out of the pond yesterday. Even though it was still functioning, (barely from ice forming at the spout), we thought it best to remove it before it froze and cracked.

I was cracking up at the blackbirds, bathing along the edge of the ice that was formed in the pond, but where the water was open from the fountain moving it, it was so funny to see a bird "test the waters" to see if he could bathe, then he would jump back and try another place where the vegetation was thick. Silly birds- bathing when it was 18 degrees above zero! Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing! Hard to believe it was 80-degrees the day before!

Obviously with the ice on the pond, I stopped feeding the fish again. Frogs, Herman and fish are back to hibernating.

Hubby plowed the garden a week ago when the weather was in the 70's-80's. It didn't dry out for him to disc and harrow, so it is frozen now.

I saw a girl at church this morning that I helped when she was dealing with a very abusive boyfriend through my W.I.S.H. program. It was so good to see her. She looked lovely, and had her son with her. We talked for a little after the service, and she said she read my second book, A BETTER DAY DAWNING. She said it helped her a lot, and she couldn't put it down. Great!

She has a new boyfriend and he treats her with respect. He has even talked of marriage. I suggested to her to go slow, as after one leaves an abusive relationship, it seems so fitting to fall into another relationship that possibly feels good, yet the survivor is still dealing with issues. A survivor needs time to sort things out, figure out the emotionally roller-coaster, put things in perspective, think with the brain and not the heart. But alas, it is common for a survivor to just want someone to love them, hold them, and comfort them because they have not had that for so long.

My suggestion is: Wait a year, at least before making a commitment. Give yourself time to come down off the roller-coaster. Learn who your new partner is or is not.

Father-in-law is coming down today. We will have a quiet day. I am cooking an Easter feast!

Be blessed-He is risen!

Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home