Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday aft. March 18, 2007

Greetings, folks,
Well, the weather certainly has been different this past week. One day it was seventy degrees (awesome), and in a couple days we had heavy wet snow and wind again.

For some reason, I just cannot handle the wind like I used to. I'm not sure why, but it does bother me. Especially when it is cold and the arctic blasts are frigid.

I did manage to get more fish out of the pond, twenty-eight in all, and took them down to the neighbor's lake. I put them in one at a time. The water in the bucket was so cold, I thought my hand was going to freeze.

Hubby and I added water to the pond for four days, as it was extremely low, and the liner was still up in different places. Well, of course, it rained for two days, lots of it, and then the pond overflowed. Go figure. No fish escaped as there are huge rocks around the entire pond, and I pea gravel in between them so no one can escape. I did find two more frogs that died, but one day when it was so warm, two little frogs jumped into the water. So, at least some have survived. I sure hope little Herman is okay, still.

Sure was an interesting week at the Victim Assistance office. One day we had seven domestic cases in one day. That is a lot for our little county. I have some new women coming this Monday for the first time, and some are returning from before. It is always good to see those that are coming back, trying to move on, and feel good about themselves, even though second-thoughts do creep in. It is a struggle for them at times.

I sold some books last week, and for that I am grateful. Do you know of anyone who would like to get them signed? If so, tell them to order them through my website, and I will sign them and ship them free freight, as long as it is in the United States.

Father-in-law just came in for his usual Sunday visit. He asked me to sew his hat, which I did.
I am making a new dish tonight for supper. One of my co-workers gave me the recipe. It sure sounds delicious. As a matter of fact, I have thought of adding recipes to my website that are really good and easy to fix. I must do "easy" as I am very busy most days and have to have something quick, yet nutritious, of course. (Hubby is pretty much a "meat & potatoes-man.")

I am so looking forward to Wednesday! Not only is it the first day of spring, (yeah!), but I am meeting two of my best friends for breakfast. We will have a great chat and visit. It has been months since we got together last. It was at Christmas time last year.

Father-in-law just asked me to print out some pictures he took of his girl-friend's family that I store in my computer. So, I will do that for him now. Gotta go. More later in the week.

HAPPY SPRING!

Best regards,
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home