Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday, January 12, 2007

Hi,Folks,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get some time to do my blog. I have been sooooo busy! The starting of the new organization is taking up a lot of time, but that's okay. I'm ready for it. Hey, if you are interested in helping, keep us in mind, please? (Eventually we want to have a website.) We want to build an animal shelter for our county. It will be a lot of work, team efforts, lots of volunteers to do fundraisers, and all that other stuff that goes along with such an undertaking. Whew! It will all be worth it though.

Right now, I just got home from volunteering at the Victim Assistance office. I had a lot of files to enter and also some other stuff for my boss. This week I also had to take my elderly neighbor to get her routine blood work done and then to the doctors for a follow-up. We hit all the stores that were necessary after her blood test, after breakfast and coffee.

I have been working diligently on the 501 (c) 3 application. Boy, I thought it was in depth before, many years ago when I did one, but gosh, it is much more involved and complicated now. But, as any other challenges I have faced---this too shall pass!

In the evenings, I get the biggest kick out of our cat, B-Bob. He turned 16 years old on Monday, (actually that is when he showed up on our back porch years ago as a small kitten), so I mark the calendar each year. It still amazes me how much cats sleep. Of course they have to eat, do bodily functions, and then it is back to sleep. He does spend some time down in the basement with hubby and I while we sit by the fire waiting for supper to get done and conversing about things and the day. Then after we eat, the cats eat, then it is "lap-time" and then more napping.
Amazing.

I have been getting some good reviews regarding my second book from people in town and from those who have ordered it either online (Amazon/Infinity, etc.) and they seem to like it very much. Especially the poems written by me and my wonderful husband.

Pretty soon it will be time for hubby to get home and we always let the dogs loose after he gets home. Although it is drizzling rain, they do need their exercise. So do I!
I just finished filling the bird feeders a little while ago. We have been having around 5 deer coming at night and raiding the feeders. Those stinkers!

Gotta go,
I'll catch you later!
Have a great weekend.
Best regards,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home