Sunday, November 12, 2006

November 12, 2006

Good morning, folks,

I returned from my trip to Georgia to visit my sister and her husband. We had a great time. I think I gained at least four pounds! The weather was beautiful, almost eighty degrees on Friday.

On Thursday, we took the "Marta" and went to the aquarium in downtown Atlanta. What an awesome and wonderful place to visit. The exhibits were fantastic. I took many pictures. I really can't say anything was my favorite, as the exhibition was glorious throughout and I found myself in awe of it all.

On Friday, (took the Marta again), and we went to CNN and took the tour. It was very interesting and the tour-girl was very knowledgeable and articulate in her explanation of how things worked behind the scenes at CNN.

I found the "Marta" (rail system that goes all over Atlanta, even to the Atlanta airport), quite interesting. Thousands of people use this rail system to commute. Lots of different people.

Of course sister and I ate at different restuarants, and twice at one place. The food was excellent everywhere we went.

I did buy some books at Waldon's bookstore, and also met an author on Friday. He was doing a book signing and I bought one of his books about his cat.

The flight down was great, but coming back it was a little rough at times the closer we got to home. Lots of clouds and drizzling rain. Colder too. Bummer.

On the way home, I witnessed an auto accident that happened right before me. Thank goodness no one was hurt, but it could have been a disaster. A young girl went around a guy that was turning left onto a road, and crossed the double yellow line to go around him. They collided and as she was accellerating when she tried to go around him, the impact shoved her car to the left, and the only place she had to go was bouncing over a ditch, missing a large tree, and then her car came to rest in a yard. Her car was a mess on both sides. I checked to see if everyone was allright, then gave the girl the phone number of the local police. Because it was a state highway, I knew they would contact the Highway Patrol. I called hubby on the guy's cell phone, and told him I would stay until the Highway Patrol got there.

When the Highway Patrol officer arrived, I gave my name and phone number as he requested, and he said I could leave, and he told me if he needed any further info, he would call me.

Now it is back to the routines. Laundry, cleaning, feed cats, exercise dogs, feed cats, etc, etc. Father-in-law is coming down today. He usually arrives around noon.
So, it is about 7:30 a.m. and I better get going.

Keep in touch folks, I really enjoy hearing from you.
Best regards,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home