Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday, October 9, 2006

Good morning, everyone,

What a beautiful, perfect weekend we had. Wow! The sky was so blue, the birds were singing their beautiful songs, and the air was so fresh, yet the smells of fall fast approaching were present. I went for a walk down near the woods in the early afternoon. My father-in-law had gone down before me, and I went down to walk with him but could not find him. While I was standing on the hill looking down in the woods, I spotted some movement near the end of our tree line. Pretty soon I saw about eight creatures scurrying across the open field. I thought at first they were coyotes, (I didn't have my glasses on), but when they started to fly, well, I knew then they were not coyotes---they were turkeys!

I am still trying to catch some fish out of the pond. They are really hard to net! Those little buggers see the net, then they vanish very quickly. I really need to thin out the population in our small pond. Miss Piggy, the largest of the bunch, gets so stressed in the spring at spawning time. I have rescued her several times. I know she isn't the only female in the pond, but she seems to get the brunt of all spawning when it starts. She is about seven years old now, and how much longer she can take this, I'm not sure. The goldfish seem to be the most aggressive ones. I did catch five the other day. It took me almost three hours to net them. I put them in the very large neighbor's pond down the road. It is huge and deep.

Hubby and I have talked about putting in a large one at the bottom of our field. There seems to be a underground spring that runs constantly, but a bulldozer would have to do the work, and it is quite expensive. Not a high priority right now. Maybe someday.

I have had some feedback regarding my second book. So far, those that have read it have said to me, "Great book." "I loved it." It opened my eyes to many things." "It is long, but very good." "You made me cry again, more than once."

Yes, it is long. Like I say, "It is my 'WAR AND PEACE'"- different war, different peace.

I have the day off from my W.I.S.H. job today because of Columbus Day, so I have lots of things planned. Lots to do and a beautiful day to drive around and get things done.

Have a good day and a good week, folks. Enjoy each day. It is a gift.
I appreciate all of you so much.
God's Blessings to you,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home