Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday morning, Sept. 17, 2006

Good morning, everyone!

Well, I gave my author's workshop yesterday. I had a good turnout and those that came seemed to be pleased. I ran it for two hours, but actually it went for almost three! So much to talk about and discuss. It was a great and enthusiastic session. Those that attented want to do another one, so I tentatively scheduled another workshop for Saturday, October 21st, at the Arts Center, again. This time I will probably run it from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (I will have my computer guy post it A.S.A.P. to let you know the exact times.)

I finally have a voice back, although it still is not totally back. Thursday, a week ago, I got a very sore throat, (thank goodness for Chloraseptic spray!), a fever, laryngitis, bronchitis, etc. (I guess it is going around). Anyway, I started some antibiotics I had from before that I did not use. I take the last of them today. Sure hope it does not return as I have the big "book sales and signing" coming up this Saturday, and I certainly want to be well for that!

I guess the weather is going to turn cooler starting this week. Hubby cleaned out the chimney yesterday and now it is ready for him to make the wonderfully warm fires in the rec. room in the basement. Two of the cats always come down to enjoy the warmth too. Sissy likes to get up on my lap and soak in the warmth. (non-stop purring.) B-Bob does too, but I have only one lap, therefore, he gets a little put-out if Sissy is on my lap and he wants on it too. (They have such grueling agendas! Such a life!)

I need to pull the aerator from down in the pond. That will be a little cold! It is on a cement block in the deeper part. Brrr. I have to put on really short shorts as not to get them wet, then reach down and get ahold of it, walk it over to the edge where hubby will grab it from me. It is quite heavy. The other aerator is a fountain that has a filter attached to it. I will probably take it out today and clean it out. I will put it back in for a little while longer, as the fish need the oxygenation of it until the water stays colder and holds the oxygen. Ponds are a lot of fun, but a lot of work. Next will be tackling the many leaves that come down. Those are not a good thing in a pond.

Herman is doing well. He still suns himself on the log in the pond. He sure is growning. When he comes to feed, when I feed the fish, he usually comes to the side of the pond and waits for me to throw him fish food. Sometimes he gets a little upset when he goes to grab a piece of food and a fish gets it instead. Hmm. It will be interesting to see what he does as he gets a lot bigger.

Last year we lost a lot of frogs in the pond. They buried in the potted pond plants around the shallow part of the pond. (The pond has two levels-shallow around the edges and deep in the center). When the ice forms and gets thick, the frogs get frozen out because it freezes down to where they are buried in the potted pond plants. Hmm. Not sure what to do there because if I put the potted plants down in the deeper water, it will take up space for the fish to survive over the winter. I do have to remove many more fish, as there just are too many. They are such buggers to try and net. Once they see the net, they disappear! And they say fish are dumb???
I don't think so.

This past Thursday, the local paper (Free Press Standard), did an article on my sequel, and my first book. The girl that I talked with was very nice. I think she did a good job with the article. It will be released in this weeks' paper.

If you know of a library or a woman's shelter that you think should have my books, please let me know. I will try to send them copies. The more we recognize domestic violence and abuse, the better. It is escalating to the point that now every "four seconds" someone is battered in the United States. Those are horrible statistics, people, and the more we can educate the public about this, the better.

Stay safe, be good to yourself, you deserve it.
Until next time, Peace, Love, and Laughter to you!
My best regards,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home