Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday morning, July 26, 2006

Greetings everyone!

My, the weather has been gorgeous! I have been picking blueberries off of my blueberry bush for the past week (so have some of the birds-bluejays, mostly.) and eating them with my cereal. Hubby and I had are first corn last Thursday. Yum, Yum. Now it is coming on really fast so I will pick some this morning and give to neighbors, co-workers, and do some up to freeze for in soup this coming winter. Oh, winter. It can just hold off for a long, long time.

The other day, Sunday, we were sitting on the back deck and hubby spotted a blue-colored bird. Wow! It turned out to be an Indigo Bunting! How cool! My next-door neighbors told me they had seen one at their feeder the past week. Then it showed up at ours. Neat! They are gorgeous!

I received the other proof book back and have diligently gone through it, again. Now I started again last night, going over it, again. It does take time, folks. After it is (hopefully) all proofed, I send it back with a complete list of changes and then it should be ready to go. A long process.

I have been receiving e-mails from people who have read my book. Their e-mails are so uplifting and encouraging. Some are full of emotions they are suffering, and my heart goes out to them. I only hope and pray that they stay away from their abusive partner, get help to move forward in their lives, and know that they are worth a better life than the one they went through. It is a hard road, and takes time.

Hubby and I are still fixing up the apartment that was so damaged by the last renter's boyfriend. (Which we knew nothing about, that he was staying there with her.) The holes in the walls are horrific. Plus, I also found shoe prints on the door to the back bedroom where it had been kicked by (?) him, and the hole in the wall behind the door, well, I could stick my head in it! The girl that left, I am very concerned about. I spoke with her mother and told her to tell her daughter, "If she thinks it will get better, she is mistaken. It will only get worse." I really am concerned for the little girl, too (1 1/2 years old) that the girl took with her. What will this jerk do to that little girl if she crys too much? We know from the news and the horror stories what could happen. Pray for that girl and her little daughter's safety. Maybe she will wise up and get the &*(^^^#% out of there before it is to late!!!!

I did get a hold of a Family Service representative in PA., but the women told me that they cannot do anything until something is reported! What?! How dumb is that? I told them I had pictures of all eight holes in the walls, broken screens, and the other damage if needed. I wanted a report made on this jerk, just for the records. I gave the girl's mother some phone numbers for shelters and the local police department phone number. Hopefully, when she talks to her, she will pass this information on.

I am going to have my computer guy put some "Testimonies" of people who have e-mailed me about the book. Plus, when you visit, please sign in on my "Guest Book!" It is something new I thought of, and my computer guy put it on the website last week.

Well, I better get back to the proof book. I want to send it back tomorrow.

Until next time, stay safe, enjoy the sunshine, and thanks for your e-mails!
Be blessed,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home