Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday morning, June 3, 2006

Good morning everyone,

Well, the weather certainly has been an interesting factor. Last week it was sweltering in the nineties, then the rain came, then back to April weather. Hmmm. Not sure how to dress anymore. I haven't put the jackets or flannel shirts away yet.

Sad to say, I lost "Ramona" our large Koi in our pond last week. I forgot to turn on the fountain one night, very tired, and went out in the morning to feed the fish. "Miss-Piggy" another large Koi/Fantail was almost belly-up, so I got her out, husband rigged up a bucket with an aerator in it and we put it on the back porch. I added some pond salt to it. She was really stressed. Then when I went back out to the pond, I found another large, light-colored fish, almost white with some orange on it, struggling too. So I got that one out and put her in the same bucket with "Miss Piggy." I searched and searched in and around the large lily pads, along with hubby, for Ramona, but could not locate her. Hubby and I put in the aerator at the other end of the pond. A lot of the fish were mouthing at the surface. Which told me the oxygen in the pond was very low.

Later in the afternoon, I put both fish back in the pond. I still searched for Ramona. The next morning I found her among the large lily pads. She did not make it. I was really bummed out. She was about 7 years old and a very pretty fish. She is also the one we took out last early spring and kept her inside in the fish tank for a couple weeks. Bummer. I was really sad that I could not find her and save her. I know, it is just a fish, but still, I felt bad.

Work at D.G. Market is quit exhausting. We are so busy, it is unreal. People are coming from everywhere to shop there. I am really tired when I get home. I usually work a six-hour shift, with a fifteen-minute break---then stand for the other 5 3/4 hours. Whew. My body hurts sometimes, and my legs and knees by the time I get home.
Last night I was so tired, I went to bed at eight o'clock! I woke up this morning at 2:30 a.m. and have been awake since! I work today from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday I work from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. THAT ought to be interesting, as I have not worked that late before. Hmmm. I will probably fall asleep at the register by 7:30 p.m. Hope not!

Hubby is done with teaching school now until August. He starts June 10, driving to Kent State for his Masters Degree classes. I will have a lot to take care of while he is going back and forth to school and studying.

My second book, A BETTER DAY DAWNING, is at the publishers now. I will get a proof book in about four more weeks, and then go through it, send it back, and then hopefully, if all goes well, it will be ready for sale! Yeah!

My first book, THE DOOR OF FAƇADE, has been re-corrected. Hopefully, in about two weeks, it will be available for purchase, with a lot of the mistakes corrected.

I have learned a lot in the last two years about sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, etc., and hopefully, this second book, will be much better in those catagories than the first one. Although the meat, potatoes, and the gravy is there, some of the gravy slipped off the plate! Oh, well, live and learn, I guess. The message is there, anyway. I want it to continue to help someone recognize abuse and violence against them, get out, and be a survivor!

I haven't heard how Tom is doing lately. Hopefully, better each day.

Gotta go. Laundry awaits, and I have to get my office organized and back to some kind of order. Lots to do.

Stay safe, thanks for visiting, email me when you get a chance. I am so excited that I have had over 1,000 hits on my website! Tell others about it so they can get help!

Peace, Love, and Laughter, dear people.

Be blessed,

Becky Conrad :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home