Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday morning, June 29, 2006

Greetings everyone!
I apologize for not doing my blog sooner than this, but is has been a little crazy around here. Hubby is still going to Kent for his Masters, and has a big test today. He finished a two-week class, (fast, furious, and intense) with an "A" and has until August to complete the other courses. The driving back and forth is getting to him. 93 miles a day. Whew! Will gas ever come down???

I have been working a lot at D.G.M. and the place is really busy. Plus, the other day, our computer system went down. Evidently, whomever wired the place when they put it all together, wired stuff together. What a mess. We lost our satalite the other day, and are having a lot of difficulty with credit/debit cards, and the Ohio card. Even checks are a problem. Hopefully it will get resolved soon as the S.S. checks will be coming out on Friday, (tomorrow) and it is before the July 4th celebration on Tuesday. The weekend will probably be a zoo!

I have been receiving more emails from people who have read my first book...mistakes and all. I appreciate their uplifting and encouraging words.

Well folks, I finally got the first book re-done, including the cover, and it is now available at www.amazon.com, and also at www.bbotw.com (Infinity Publishing). So, tell others about it, so they can recognize and relate to the violence and abuse, and get help to get beyond it. There is so much help out there for women, men, and the children. If you need help, check out the websites available on my website, or check out your local area for help. Remember, you are not alone, and there are many professional people, advocates, and facilitators, to help you.
You deserve a better life, and it is there waiting for you. No one can ruin your life, only if you let them. Be strong, get help, and remember, you are worth it all and deserve the best life can offer!

As soon as the other book is ready, I will post a book-signing on the website. I hope to see you, and welcome your comments and your stories to share with me. It all helps...you and me!

I have a day off today, but it will be busy. At 9 a.m. I am taking my elderly neighbor to the stores around town, and then back home to finish laundry, work in garden, (what a mess that is with all the rain!), and maybe mow the yard. Hubby will get home around 1:30 p.m., but he will be buried in a book for a class.

I am still doing my W.I.S.H. program as we have several bad cases, and those women certainly need the help and assurance that someone cares for them and they are important.

My niece adopted a stray cat. First name she choose was "Bonz", then when the cat got sick, it turned out to be a "Cleopatra" Ha! Now she is living the life of royalty and leisure! (The poor cat was trapped for almost a week in an area she could not get our of-vent or something-and neice found her. Very poor condition and very skinny -hence the name "Bonz" Now, cat is doing much better.)
Dogs, cats, fish, frogs, and Herman-the turtle, are doing fine. With all the rain, the pond level is at "Max!"

Have a wonderful day, week, month, and summer.

Be blessed,
My best to you!
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home