Sunday, August 13, 2006

"WHY DOES HE DO THAT?" and other stuff - Sunday, 8/13/06

Good morning folks,

What a beautiful morning! The birds are singing, the sun is shining, it is about 50 degrees, and it is going to be a beautiful warm day. How's that for a good start?

Now to the title of the blog: "WHY DOES HE DO THAT?" by Lundy Bancroft. Well, folks, I can say this---This book is a must-read for anyone dealing with domestic violence, abuse in any form, and for anyone who has suffered from all of it now, or in the past. Mr. Bancroft goes into the minds of angry and controlling men. He hits the nail on the head, and literally opens the minds of abusive men! What an incredible book!

I have read many books on domestic violence, abuse, healing, etc., etc., but this book says it all. Check with your local library first, if you do not want to buy a copy. If they do not have it, maybe they could get it in for you. I ordered my copy from Amazon.com. I am half-way through it, and my eyes have been opened as no other book has done in understanding an abusive and controlling person. In some ways, even after all these years of trying to put it behind me, I still have issues to deal with on occasions. Thank goodness I have a very loving and understanding husband, but the book answers a lot of questions I could never get answers too! Even after all this time!

For those of you who have signed my guest book, I THANK YOU!! You are such blessings to me!

I have received more e-mails from various women going through different stages of violence and abuse, separation, and even divorce. My heart goes out to them. They are in such turmoil and have so many decisions to make; it is heartwrenching. I pray for them daily, maybe you could too.

I received an e-mail from Pam. Tom had to go back to the hospital and have more surgery. He is almost starting over from when he first was hit by the drunk-driver. He has a long way to go. Continue him in your prayers, please. He was able, back in June, to walk his daughter down the isle at her wedding. How wonderful is that?

The final stages of completion of A "BETTER DAY DAWNING" are almost complete. Yeah!
Check the website in a couple weeks for the release date, and my first book sales and signing! Yeah!

Hubby is almost done with classes at Kent. This is his final week, and he has exams at the end of the week. He is tired-poor sweetie. Then it is back to teaching at the high school. He has gone in several times to get his room ready for classes to start on August 28th.

Hard to believe summer is almost over! I went down in the pond this week and cleared a lot of pond plants that were taking over. Whew! That was back-breaking! I saved some for a friend of mine that has a pond. The lily pads are huge, and I even was able to cut some of them away. Little Herman is so cute. He comes every evening to feed. He is growing by leaps and bounds!

Mandy, the (little snit) beagle is back. She seems to know she is in the dog house, and deep-do-do with her master (hubby), and she has been sticking around. Of course, hubby watches her like a hawk, but then, she is such a sneak, she will probably take off again for parts unknown when you let your guard down for an instant. What a brat!

I was able to see my brother,(Howie in the first book), last Wednesday. We met at Olive Garden for lunch. I have not seen him in almost a year. (He is so busy-golfing,etc, girlfriend, etc.). Anyway, it was good to see him and we had a nice visit. He even bought my lunch, "For my birthday" he said.

Lots to do today. I bought some cleaner called "Awesome" that cleans vinyl siding. It works really well. Of course I have to use a ladder again. Hope I don't fall off like last year and break something. I will try to be careful. Although, yesterday, while filling the pond with some well water to bring the level up some, (lack of rain), I stepped out of the flower bed near the facet and slipped on the landscape timber (in my barefeet, as always when outside), and landed on my right shoulder and my hip. Ouch! Didn't break anything, but I am sore this morning. I will probably go and see my Chiropractor Tuesday and get things back in line. I'm sure I knocked my back out.

Have a great week folks, and thanks again, always, for vising my website. I hope to have some "testimonies" regarding my first book, this week. If you would want yours on the website, contact me, and let me know. You do not have to give your full name or where you are from, unless you want to. I will keep that confidential for you.

Be safe, be blessed, laugh often, and be good to yourself. You deserve it!
My best regards,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home