Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday morning, August 5, 2006

Good morning folks,

Yeah! I sent my sequel, A BETTER DAY DAWNING, into the printers on Thursday, August 3rd. Hopefully it will be done and ready in a couple of weeks. I changed the book sales and signing to the last Saturday of August or the first Saturday of September. I will let you know A.S.A.P.

I jarred my back a week ago. Stepped out of a door (not at home) and didn't realize there was a step down. Ouch! Went to see my chiropractor this week and it is much better, but I will probably have to go back again. I am getting twinges and soreness in my left siactic area. At least now I can lower my head and move my neck. The right shoulder area is much better now too.

I had a birthday this Wednesday, August 2nd. Hmmm. Not sure if I will have any more as the next one will end in a zero. Yikes! Hard to believe I made it this far. Good Lord willing I will make it to the next one! I praise Him and thank Him for allowing me to make it this far.

Hubby is busy with driving and attending classes. He has three weeks to go and then he has to go into the school where he teaches and finalize getting his classrooms ready. He has only four days to do this!

Hubby and I are leaving this morning to go to the apartment to paint one of the bedroom where the holes were the most numerous and the largest. Sure glad it is not going to be as hot as it has been. We are taking a fan with us and a sweeper as there is a lot of sweeping to do.

Goodness that 90+ -degree heat was sure something. I can't imagine the three-digit heat wave, some reaching 126-degrees some places, and that a lot of people had to endure.

I hope I can see my brother next Wednesday. It has been a long time. Almost a year since we last got together. I hope it is a good visit.

The garden is really doing well this year. Hubby's corn, the second planting of Candy Corn, has been ready for over a week. Because of the high heat, it is being invaded by little black bugs, and green worms. Yuck! It is so delicious! I have given some to co-workers and neighbors. I will probably blanch some this weekend and freeze it for soup in the winter. Yum-Yum! The stalks are at least 8 feet tall and the ears are huge! I have picked some green peppers, and last night I picked a whole basket of green beans. My zucchini plant died, (I think the old beagle-Hank, peed in it to often) but I did managed to get a small one to eat. One can only take so much zucchini. I picked a cabbage head a week ago and had it for Sunday supper when hubby's dad came down with his girl-friend. I cooked it with green peppers and onions. Very good. (It was actually about the size of the trunk of my car! Just kidding. It was huge. There are two more out there about the same size.)

Mandy, the little beagle, started coughing last Sunday. She had a lot of phlegm in her throat. She runs around all over the place when she is loose, especially in the wildflower garden, looking for who-knows-what. I picked up medicine for her the other day-Allergy and antiobiotics pills. The vet said the high heat definitely plays a role along with allergens in the weeds she insists on going through. She is doing better already.

I gave a presentation of the W.I.S.H. program last Tuesday. My boss, K. came in later and gave hers on the Victim Assistance programs. Plus, we had two "survivors" come too and tell their stories and how they are doing so much better now. Their stories were so moving, and the people there were very receptive to all that was presented.

Gotta go now and get ready to go paint, sweep, and finish cleaning the apartment.

Have a great week! Until next time-Peace, Love and laugh often!

Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home