Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday morning Sept. 3, 2006 plus new release of sequel

Good morning everyone!

Well, September arrived and I am still in awe of where the summer went! Hmm. Somehow it went so fast, I do believe it passed me by and I missed most of it! How come when you are waiting patiently for something, time drags on indefinitly, then when you are trying to accomplish so much in a day, you run our of day??? Hmmm. Interesting.
When I was young, it seemed that the days just dragged on and on. Now that I am older, time just flies by! Why is that?

Hubby started teaching this past Monday, and of course, he has his first cold. I am trying not to get it, but I have been sniffling too. Father-in-law was supposed to come down today, but I called him and told him we were both getting sick. At 83 year of age, he does not need exposed to it. I was going to make cabbage rolls for supper and I will probably end up making Chicken Noodle soup!

My sequel is done and details can be viewed here (soon as my computer guy gets to it on this website), or you can go to Infinity Publishing's website at www.bbotw.com and go to "New Books." It is listed right now at # 10. I think they keep it there for about 2-4 weeks to view, then you can type in A BETTER DAY DAWNING on the "search for" and it will come up. Actually, you can do that now because I did it.

I am having a "Book Sales and Signing" at the local Rite-Aid Drug store, Saturday, September 23, 2006 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Main Street, Carrollton, Ohio. I am offering $3.00 off the first book (which has been updated and revised), and $5.00 off the new sequel book. (Computer guy will be posting the flyer ASAP).I am looking forward to it immensely! How exciting. I even have been notfied that a gal from Kentucky is coming to my signing! Wow! How awesome is that? Of course, anyone who shows up will be welcomed with just as much gratitude and enthusiasm. Hope to see you at the signing!

This past week I did what corn was left in the garden. I froze nine quarts. I gave some to the neighbor gal who suffers from Fiber Myalgia. She has so many bad days with it, but she is really a trooper and tries her best to keep going every day. She has a "Pet Sitting Service" and she says it helps get her up in the mornings and to keep going throughout the day.

I haven't heard about Tom, lately. I hope he is recovering and doing better.

Oh, I am going to have my computer guy post "Testimonies" from emails, cards, letters, etc., I have received over the last two years regarding my first book. I save all of them and the words of encouragement and praise touches my very soul!
I am hoping that the testimonies will enlighten you and maybe through them, you could pass the word along for someone to read my book. You just never know if it could save a life.

Regarding libraries: I received an email from a gal that said her local library had very little resources (only two books) on domestic violence and abuse. How sad! Check with your local library and ask them to please get some books in covering this horrendous subject.

The number one book I recommend is "Why Does He Do That" by Lundy Bancroft. It is an excellent book and opens a victim's eyes like no other! Plus, if you could, go to my "Books to Read" on this website and print them out or write them down and take the list to your local library in your area. They have many resources to order books at a discounted price. If you know of a library that their resources are limited, I would be glad to send them my first book. Any way I can help, with your help, to get the word out about domestic violence and abuse I will do. (Send me the library's website too, please. Thank you.)

Hubby is coughing and sneezing, and sniffling up a storm this morning. Poor guy.

Have a great week, holiday, and keep the emails coming! I just love to hear from you!

Be blessed, be good to yourself, you deserve it!

Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home