Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday morning, September 24, 2006

Good morning, folks,

I had the Author's workshop last Saturday (Sept. 23), and it went well. In fact, those attending want to have another, soooo, I am going to have another one on October 21st, at the Arts Center. I have extended the time from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lots to cover and share. It is posted on my website. Hope you can attend.

My book sales and signing yesterday went well. I am so glad. I had a visit from a young gal from Kentucky. She came with her grandmother. It was so nice to meet her and her grandmother. Her aunt came too. Her aunt is the one that sent her my first book. Hopefully she will get her life back after going through a devastating and difficult abusive situation. She's trying. I gave her a lot of information from my W.I.S.H. program that will hopefully help her too.

I have been trying to catch some fish out of our pond. They are so hard to catch! There are just too many in the pond and I need to thin them out. I take them down to the neighbor's pond just down the road. It is huge!

Little Herman has not come to feed for several days. Maybe he is getting geared up for hibernation. I have seen him on his log though, sunning away---when the sun does come out.

It was rather cool this week, and fall seems to be close at hand. The birds are gathering by the hundreds. I hear geese now and then going over.

The garden is pretty much done, although I do have some red cabbage to pick yet and the green beans just keep coming! There are some green/red peppers, but they are few and far between and small. I'll probably just cut them up and freeze them to use in various dishes. They are not really big enough for stuffed peppers. I am going to make cabbage rolls today. I have one huge cabbage left and must get it used before it goes bad. Plus, I will save some for fried cabbage. Ever have that? It is great. I put onions in and green/red peppers too with just a little olive oil. Yum, Yum.

I have been sick the past two weeks. Lost my voice for days, and a little bronchitis. I went to my doctors this Thursday, but he was on vacation. I had to see the Nurse Practitioner instead. That was fine. She did discover I had fluid in both ears. No wonder I was dizzy at different times when I stood up or walked. She gave me a prescription for antiobiotics. I guess a lot of this type of ailment is going around. Not nice. Hard to kick. Still coughing, but better now.

I am going to Stark State on the 3rd of October to set up a book sales and signing at the bookstore there. I am excited about this.

One gal that came to my book signing yesterday, told me she knew of a girl at S.S. that read my first book. She said, "Your book really helped her get out of a bad situation. She is really glad she read it." I am elated that it helped someone get out before they died! As we all know, this can happen.

My second book A BETTER DAY DAWNING, has a typo on the "Dedication Page." This has been corrected by the publisher. Their mistake in transposing I guess. Instead of being the word "darkness" it says, "darness." Well, I suppose it could be that, or damness, but it is darkness. Anyway, if you get a copy, I just wanted you to know that is what the word should be. Mistakes happen. I tried and tried to proofread the book, as did the other two proofers, but alas, some are missed. It happens. Sorry. Nothing like the first book! Wow! What a learning experience that was! I have had the first book revised and corrected as of June, 2006. Much better clarity and easier reading.

I have suggested a book by Lundy Bancroft, "Why Does He Do That?", to many people. It is a great book to read. Even if you have moved on from an abusive relationship, it does clarify and answer a lot of questions victims/survivors have. I know it did for me, even after all of these years. Right now it is out of stock at Amazon, but they will probably get it in shortly.

The new book, A BETTER DAY DAWNING, is thick. I compare it to "War and Peace." Different war, different peace. Anyway, I hope you get it and enjoy it.

Let me know what you think.

Gotta go, laundry awaits, and housecleaning.

Have a great week.
Be safe, be blessed, and laugh often.
Best regards,
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home