Monday, January 01, 2007

2007-A BRAND NEW YEAR!

Happy New and exciting year to all!

I took down my 2006 calendar a little while ago, getting ready to transpose birthdays, anniversaries, etc., and I could not help but reflect and recall different happenings throughout the past year. Some were really exciting, such as accompishments, goals reached, yet some were sad, especially anniversary deaths of loved ones whom have passed on, and reflecting upon the good they have done.

Are lives are made up of many events. Some we have chosen to make us stronger, and some have happened that were completely our of our control. Some of those events of our history are part of our culture, heritage, family association, good and not so good, but all in all, I have to take each event that comes about, weigh it out in the realm of things, and learn from each one.

Hubby and I attended a wedding yesterday in the later part of the afternoon. (We haven't gone out on New Years Eve in probably 15 or so years!) The wedding was one of a dear and precious friend of mine. She was a victim of domestic violenc and abuse. (Very tragic ending for her and her son.) She has found a new love and a new life, and I am extremely happy for her and her new husband!

What will this new year bring? Possibly happiness, goals attained, achievements made, new friends, a new love, peace within oneself, laughter, sharing, forgiveness, healing old wounds, moving, good health, a new job---or will the year be a little of everything? Possibly some sadness, loss of a job, loss of a loved one, good friend, or neighbor, health problems, a relationship gone sour, dissention in a family, errors in judgement---on and on because any of these things can happen, but, it is how we deal with these things that can make us stronger or take us down.

My wish and prayer for each of you is that you strive to better yourself, think good about yourself, be kind to others, be kind to animals, live each day as though it were your last, and be positive! The glass is half full! Something to think about in a positive way: If the glass is empty to start with, and you fill part way with liquid,(life) how could it possibly be half empty??

Starting this January, I am embarking on a new journey in my life. I am starting a new non-profit organization in my area to get an animal shelter built in my county. It will be a challenge, for sure, and I will be devoted and dedicated to see that this becomes a reality. It will be one of the best things that could happen to this county! (At some point in this year, hopefully soon, we will develope a website and I will keep you posted through my website on our progress until we get our own.)

There are many people ready, willing, and able to help make this become a reality!
I am so excited about it, and really believe it can happen! How long? Don't know.
Where will it be? Don't know that either. But I do know this, You have to crawl before you walk, then, one step at a time.

Peace, Love, and Laughter to all of you!
Be blessed, and make this a great year for you, no matter what! With God by your side, anything is possible.
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home