Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving morning, November 23, 2006 & Attitude

Hello folks,

Sorry I haven't been blogging for a while. It has been a little crazy around here. Between hospital visit and doctor visit, taking neighbor places, working, and getting ready for Thanksgiving, it has been hectic. I am fine for now. I have a lot to be thankful for this holiday day. Count your blessings, one-by-one!

I had a great time with my sister in Georgia. The weather was fantastic and we had a great visit. I loved the Atlanta aquarium and the CNN tour, not to mention the awesome places we dined! Riding the "Marta" to and fro was a very enlightening experience. Many different faces, many lives going many directions, not just on the Marta. Interesting.

When we were on our way back from the aquarium, we took the Marta in the wrong direction to return to home. We got off and waited for the next one. While waiting we had the pleasure of meeting a young, African-American woman in a wheelchair. She told us she was going out to celebrate her birthday. She had on a very pretty purple dress and looked so nice. Her speech was somewhat inhibited, but if you listened closely, you could make out what she was saying. Her smile lit up the semi-darkness of the underground station.

My sister and I sang "Happy Birthday" to her, shook her hand, and wished her a great day of celebration. Her name is Barbara.

☺ ATTITUDE ☺

“ The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our ATTITUDES!!” Author unknown.

Have a great Thanksgiving, and rejoice in the days to come of the celebration of the Christmas season!

Be blessed, laugh often, be safe, and be good to yourself.
In God's Love,
Becky ☺

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home