Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday morning, December 9, 2006-furnace out!

Good morning, folks,

Well, it has been an interesting morning. I woke up at 2:15 a.m. and the cold hit me! I checked the thermostat and it read a cool 55 degrees! Yikes! I woke up hubby, and he proceeded to clean out the furnace nozzle, and the little window that shows the flame when the furnace fires. Alas, it worked for a brief period, (after blowing yucky smoke out the front scared me!), and then it kept shutting off. Hmmm. The furnace attempted to run, but the blower would only run for about 30 seconds. There is hardly any flame. So, hubby brought up the kerosene heater from the basement, put it between the living room and dining room, (the cats have gathered around it),and I plugged in a little space heater in the kitchen. We sometimes use it in the bathroom. I did wait until 6 a.m. to call the furnace guy. (Got him out of bed oops!). Needless to say, neither of us went back to sleep. So, I made coffee at 3:30 a.m., and started working on making the dried beef hors d'oeuvres, for our Christmas party tonight. We have about 28 people coming around 5 pm.

This recipe is great. Get scallions, cut the tips off, and most of the stem, making them about 3 inches long, (rinse and dry them), then rinse the dried beef (I use the family pack that has about 25 pieces in each pack) with warm water, and place the dried beef on paper towels. Pat them dry, and put them on a plate. Next, microwave the Phil. cream cheese so it is just soft enough to spread (gently) on the slice of dried beef. Place the scallion on the slice of dried beef and roll. When finished, chill in refrigerator until time to serve them. Very tasty.
I also made a great tasting dish for the first time ever. Waldorf salad. Wow! It is sooo good. I used 1/2 mayonnaise (8 oz.) and half Cool Whip, (8 oz. package) and then added the grapes (cut in halves), pecans, and apple chunks (peel the apple) and mixed it all together to chill for 24 hours. Yum! Yum!

It has been really cold, and last night was the coldest night so far this year. Great time for the furnace to go out. Right now it is about 64 degrees in the family room at least, according to the thermostat in the family room.

I am going to try and have my computer guy set up a "Pay Pal account" so that anyone who wants a signed copy (copies) of my book (s), I will be glad to send them signed to you. I will just need your name and address. You will have to email me and let me know. I have books here at my house, and I have received this request from some people that I know that live out of state. So, if this will work, it will be another way to get my books sold, and also get them out to someone that may get something out of them to hopefully get out of their domestic violence and abusive situations and get a better life. it can be done.

I am also going to have my computer guy list the libraries I have donated too. Most of them are in Ohio right now, but there are copies of both books down in Kentucky.

Gotta go. Lots to do yet to get ready for this evening's guest arrivals.
Take care, laugh often, be good to yourself, and remember the "Reason for the Season Jesus!"

Best regards,

Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home