Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday morning, Feb. 25, 2007-Area code alert, etc.

Greetings, folks,
It has been a very interesting past week or so. Lots of nasty weather, and it is freezing rain right now.
I managed to get the flu this week, and saw the Doctor before it got to far with the additional upper respitory infection. Thank goodness for antibiotics.
B-Bob the cat never left my side while I spent a day and half in bed. He is such a sweety. He is my evening lap-cat. Every night, while I read or watch some television, he is on my lap.

AREA CODE ALERT-very, very bad area codes-DO NOT EVER CALL THESE AREA CODES-809, 284, AND 876. These area codes originate in the (British Virgin Islands), Bahamas. Someone there makes a call to you, possibly saying, "Call me back, urgent message, get back to us quickly, I have something important to tell you." They say too, "I have important information about a family member" or " you have won a prize" or "someone you know has died" or, "arrested", etc, etc." (This actually happened to a local shcool teacher. He did not return the call as he knew of the bad area codes and knew it was a scam.)

If you call any of these area codes, the price of a one minute call can be $2425 per-minute. Wow!
Because your long-distance carrier provides the service if you make the call, there is absolutely nothing you can do about the charges. Charges can go as high as $24,100.00 on your phone bill because the person you may call keeps you on the phone as long as possible. I urge you to tell your family members, neighbors, friends, and colleagues about this horrible nightmare of a scam.

On a brighter note, spring is just around the corner. I have already heard the birds singing their beautiful songs that comes with spring.

Update on Tom: Remember Tom, who was in that horrible accident last year? Well, I received an emal recently and he is doing much better. He has all the hardware that was put in his leg, removed. What an ordeal he went through. He is having some difficulty with his knee buckling, but they are working on that. Keep him in your prayers.

Do any of you suffer from Fibromyalgia? What a terrible debilitating disease. My friend, down the road, has it and on a good day she is about a "3." Even then, she is bad. For those who do not have this disease, it is hard to comprehend what those that do have it, suffer. Winter seems to be the worst time, and when it rains. My heart goes out to anyone with this nightmare of a disease. Sure wish they could find a cure or at least some kind of relief to give to the people who suffer from it. Not a whole lot works.
My neighbor has a pet-sitting service, and she says, "If I didn't have this to make me get up in the morning, I probably wouldn't." It does keep her going and I am so proud of her for all the effort she puts forth to get through a day. I can't imagine how hard it is.

The new animal organization is moving along quite well. We had a bylaw committee meeting the other day, and will present the proposed bylaws to the members at the March 6th. meeting.
Once they are approved, I will try my best to get the 501 (c) 3 application done to send into the IRS. Whew. Lots of pages and information to send in, plus the check for $300.00 for the filing fee. Wow. I wonder why it costs so much? It used to be $150.00 many years ago. Hmm.

My father-in-law is doing quite well. His therapy three times a week is improving his shoulder daily. He will be down today, unless the ice storm has hit where he lives and he can't make it. We'll see.

Clara (black Lab.) and Lucy (crazy Beagle) are still playing well together. Although Lucy gets a little posessive about the balls we throw for them. If Clara has the red one, and Lucy has the yellow one, she wants the red one, and sometimes there is a confrontation between them. Not bad, just establishing what ball belongs to whom. They are funny towatch. When Lucy gets a ball, she goes on a running streak and is so fast. She throws the ball in the air, rolls on the ground, (even if it is covered in snow), and races off again all over the back yard. She is a hoot!

Okay, folks.
Gotta go for now.
Stay warm, safe, and be blessed. Think spring, sunshine, and warmth!
Best regards,
Becky
P.S. I have started another book. I'll let you know about it soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home