Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sat. morning, March 24, 2007

Greetings folks,

I woke up at 3:45 a.m. but decided not to get up. My low-back is giving me fits since yesterday morning. I got through the day at the office, came home, walked around outside with hubby and dogs, and then while doing so, one of the beagles, Mandy, (the snit), took off. While I walked down to the woods, yelling her name, walking over the rough terrain of the field, hubby was up near the house yelling too. Finally the little snit (she is such a brat), appeared around the corner of the garage. I walked back to the house and she came up to me with the most guilt-ridden look on her face. Hmm. Not sure where she disappeared too, but glad she came back, I think. Other times she has not returned, and either ended up at the neighbor's houses down the road, or once at the dog pound! Brat. She never has been a good-listening dog, but being a rescued one, we tolerate her quirks and defiant behavior at times. Not a good hunting dog either, for rabbits, mainly chasing deer tracks if she gets the opportunity to escape when we are not keeping track of her whereabouts. Many times hubby has gone down in the woods and retrieved her, or tracked her. He gets so mad at her! But, she does have him wrapped around all four paws. Not so with me. I tolerate her, barely. She is a little sneak, and given the opportunity, will take off when you are busy looking after the other three dogs. Needless to say, the walk over the rough terrain did not do my back any good. I settled on the chair alternating the hot water bottle and the microwave heat pack, and then went to bed very early. Of course B-Bob was there by my side offering me comfort. He is such a good kitty. I had to settle for watching the Miss America pageant instead of the basketball game. Hmm. Wonder what the winner will do with all her fame. Time will tell.

With that off my chest, today was my mother's birthday. She would have been 93 today. Regardless of our differences over the years, she was still my mother and I miss her cheery smile.

Today is a a one-year anniversary for a very special reason. Can't tell you why right now, but it is one I will cherish for the rest of my life.

I did get up at 5:15 a.m., and heard the peepers-peeping! Yeah! Spring must finally be here!
I did hear on the news the other day that it snowed April 6th, last year. Hmm. One thing we cannot do is control the weather. The rains have been constant and the pond has overflowed numerous times. I keep checking for escapees, and so far there hasn't been any. I still haven't seen little Herman. I did put two floating log pieces in the pond yesterday in case he makes his appearance and has something to crawl onto and help him dry out if the sun does come out eventually. It is suppose to rain today and tomorrow also.

I visited my chiropractor the other day as my left hip and neck was a mess. I seemed fine that next day, then yesterday it was in my low back. I will probably go and see him this morning to get some relief. Not sure what caused it all to flair up, but it might have been a little weed-pulling and cutting away dead stuff in a few flower beds? Getting older has its drawbacks...the mind says "GO" the body says "No."

I'm still working on the 501 (c) (3) application for the new organization's nonprofit status. Whew! Very detailed and time-consuming. So far I have about 35 hours into it, and much more to go until it is completed. I hope I have it done for our April 3rd meeting.

A very dear and good friend of mine is pregnant and going to have her first baby in about 12 weeks. I am so excited for her! I received an email from her about a baby shower in April. It will be fun to go to and see other friends of ours too. She was the size of a beanstalk, and she says she has gained about 35 pounds. Oh well, this too shall pass. She is a very active young lady. She has her own place and a managerie of animals, plus a full time job! Wow! She will be extra busy!

Gotta go. Lots to do today, slowly of course. Mainly, work on the non-profit application.
Be blessed, stay safe, and enjoy the sights and sounds of spring. Isn't it wonderful?
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home