Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday morning, May 13, 2007 Wow!

Hey, folks,
Not sure where you live, but here in my corner of the world it was absolutely gorgeous, and close to perfection, weather-wise. I was able to accomplish so much outside, well, almost, until I managed to run the poker-stick weed-thing into my thumb yesterday afternoon. Yikes! No sooner than I did it, blood spurted out, leaving many trails across my fingers and palm. I ran to the house, called for hubby, he opened the door for me, and helped me run cold water on it. I thought I was going to faint, but the pain was so bad I believe it kept me from fainting. My gosh did that hurt. The cut was wide, but not all that deep, I guess. (I didn't pry it apart to check it!) Hubby wanted me to go into Stat -Care, but after the bleeding almost stopped, Neosporin and a Band-aid, worked fine. I did call the hospital and asked the nurse how long a tetanus shot was good for and she said, "Ten years, but if it is a dirty cut, it would be safer to get a booster."

Well, my hand was clean before the poker sliced through my thumb, and then it bled right away, so I'm sure I will be fine.

Yesterday, (before thumb incident), hubby helped me when I got down into the pond. I had a spiral plant in there that seemed to be Topsy-turvy, or on it's side at least. There was a lot of mushy debris attached to it, and the plant was not doing well. So, I put on my shortest shorts, and went into the pond. The bottom is full of mushy debris, but after a while you get used to it.
Anyway, I started cutting the spiral plant away, plus pulling out the most rancid smelling stuff. It actually smelled like manure! Major yuck-o! Hubby stood by while I handed clumps to him and he threw them in the wheelbarrow. Some stuff was so slimy, I could not hold onto it, so hubby got me a small bucket and that worked. (I did clean out the filter yesterday morning, but with removing the spiral plant, I'm sure it will need cleaning again very soon. ) We also put the aerator in the other end of the pond.

I spotted another Baltimore Oriole yesterday, and a female one too! That makes three males and one female. Also, I am delighted that they are eating the grape jelly I put out on the platform feeder, along with the oranges. The Yellow Warbler was back yesterday evening too. So beautiful. I love to hear the morning doves and their mournful songs, and yet along comes the Blue Jays and their alarm-call-sounds to wake everyone up and get a reality check! They are so voice-full. Then the soft trilling songs of the Yellow Goldfinches is so gentle and pretty. Throw in a croak from a frog now and then, and it makes for a very peaceful evening on the back porch. I really don't get too many of them, as my evenings are spent doing a variety of things for the C.C.A.P.L., writing, or emailing, or household stuff, or phone calls to family and friends, etc. So once in a while I like to just kick-back and relax on the porch. The rest can wait sometimes.

Father-in-law came down the last two morning to go turkey hunting at 5:15 a.m. He didn't see or hear anything either day. He is looking for mushrooms too. I thought he would find some, but the nights have not been warm enough. Actually, last night was very cool, and I shut the windows before retiring for the evening. The furnace kicked on a little while ago.

I will try to write more later in the week. I have a busy day planned. I usually do my meditations in the morning before anything else, but this morning I changed things around.

Have a blessed week, and I hope the Mother's out there, have a wonderful day also!

Stay safe and my best regards,

Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home