Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday morning, April 29, 2007

Good morning everyone,
Well, it is still BRRRRR! My gosh. So much rain and cool weather. But, as hubby and I were discussing the other day, it did this the last few years in April.

The yard is so high, and it is so wet. To wet to mow and when it will get dried out is anyone's guess. The sun is coming up this morning, but I don't think it is going to get very warm. At least warm enough to dry things out. The garden that was plowed, harrowed, and disked, is a one huge mud area. Hubby will probably have to disk and harrow it again as it will probably turn into cement. Oh well, I really am not complaining, just trying to be patient for better weather.

I took Lucy the Beagle (rescued her last October) in Thursday morning to get spayed. She came through it all just fine. Although, Clara, her buddy, seems confused as to why her buddy is on a leash, can't play, can't run with her, can't fight over the balls, etc. and so on. Clara even brought Lucy her good red ball and dropped it in front of her. Lucy picked it up and carried it around with her for a little while then dropped it.
Hubby was upset on Friday. He thought Lucy had taken out some of her stitches. I turned her on her side and saw that she had not. She was licking it, and scratching at it with her back foot, so I called the vets office. The girl there said to get some "Solarcaine" and put on it, that it might give her some relief. So I got some. She wasn't too thrilled with the spray, but it did seem to give her some relief.

Lucy will be on a leash for two weeks. She is not obedience trained (hubby doesn't think Beagles should have this done to them because...because...because...I guess, because they are Beagles! Whatever.) Now she is pulling and tugging on the leash and it really puts a strain on my bad back. Hmm. Maybe she and I will have some obedience lessons very soon anyway.

Hubby spotted two Baltimore Orioles yesterday. I saw two female Rose-breasted Grosbeaks this week too. Pretty soon the hummingbirds will be here, if they aren't already. I put oranges out for the Orioles, and the Red-breasted Woodpeckers too. I need to get some Grape Jelly. Orioles love that! Soon it will be time for "Joe-Wren" to make his appearance and check out the housing structures I have placed in various locations. (My mother always insisted it was Jenny-Wren- but actually the male comes first and builds nest in different locations. The female picks the house she wants and they go from there to raise their young.) I have found some bird nests in the pine trees on the side of the house and out front by the fence. I believe some of them are Robin nests.

So, folks, patience is something I need to continuing striving for, as spring is really here, but the weather isn't the best. But, I know it will be soon enough.

Oh, I did spend the past week, (when the weather was sunny and warm), scrubbing down the outside of the house, spouting and all. Whew! What a job. I still have the back of the house to do. The other day when it was raining all day, I did windows and curtains inside. Glad that is done!

I am going to have some book sales and signings in New Philadelphia and Dover coming up in May. I will have my computer guy put them on the website. Maybe I'll see you at one of them!

Have a great week-stay safe-laugh often-and enjoy the days ahead. Warmer weather will get here, I just know it!

Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home