Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday morning, May 6, 2007

Good morning, folks,
What a beautiful morning! The birds were singing at 5:30 a.m. already this morning.

Yesterday was the "Dog Show" in Carrollton put on by "All About Animals" with the proceeds going to the Carroll County Animal Protection League's shelter fund. It was great. There were so many cute, cuddly, vivacious, colorful, large, medium, small, tiny, very tiny, and adorable variety of dogs and puppies that showed up for this event. Even the weather cooperated. Just a few sprinkles of rain off and on, and then the sun came out at the end of the show.

Maybe we can have another one in the fall!?

For the first time in ages, I sat out on the deck in back and watched the birds coming and going to the feeders. I haven't allowed myself this privilege for a long time. It was awesome to sit and watch so many different birds of different colors interact with each other. I got a pen and paper and my bird book, and wrote down some that I was fortunate to see. It is amazing, that in the quietness, what you can hear. So many different songs they sing!

I was able to see the two Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks, both male and female, an Indigo Bunting (very blue and beautiful), the Yellow and Purple Finches, the Downy, Hairy, and Red-Breasted Woodpeckers, a beautiful Yellow Warbler, two King birds, a White-crowned Sparrow, a Meadowlark way out on the Poplar tree singing his trilling song, a Ruby-Throated Hummingbird at the feeder I put up just the day before, the Chipping Sparrows, Nuthatches, Titmouse, Black-capped Chickadees, the alarm birds-the BlueJays, many Cardinals, Robins, on and on. What a nice treat at the end of a busy day.

The following day, I was out in the driveway and saw a large bird fly into the neighbor's woods. It was a rare and exhilarating sighting of a Pileated Woodpecker! Wow! They are so awesome and colorful!

I have two book sales and signings coming up this month. Check out where they are on the "Coming Events." Hope you can make one of them!

Today I am going to finish scrubbing the spouting and the back of the house. The weather has not cooperated for over a week, and I have been busy doing other things.

Hubby planted his corn and potatoes yesterday while I was at the Dog Show. I will put the white onions in later today and plant some seeds that I purchased. More than likely radishes, green beans, zucchini, etc.

Have a great week. Enjoy the warmer and beautiful weather!

Be blessed,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home