Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday morning, July 26, 2007

Hi, folks,
What a great morning. The birds are singing their beautiful songs already at 5:45 a.m. So nice.
I am off to Cleveland tomorrow, near Cleveland, for a WriteStuff, writer's seminar at a very large book store. It lasts all day and should be quite interesting. I haven't been able to get to one nearby this whole year, so I am looking forward to it. I should be on the road by 5:30 a.m. and hopefully, get there by 8 a.m.! It lasts all day until 5 p.m. so I should make it back home by 7 or so. Although leaving that area around rush-hour might be a bit hairy, but oh, well. I'll take my time.

Hubby and his dad are going fishing this morning. He should be here around 7:30 a.m. I would go, but I have to much to get done around here!

We received the ten electric baseboard heaters yesterday by truck from Pa. It took the driver forever to find us. He kept turning the wrong way even though hubby was on the phone with him giving him mile-by-mile directions. And they say women can't navigate or follow directions! Ha! Not. Anyway, hubby is going to install them. He is so knowledgeable about that stuff. With the increasing cost of fuel oil, we decided to take this step to heating our home. Our furnace has never worked right a month after the warranty was up eight years ago. Every winter we have a furnace man out to fix it numerous times during the winter. It always goes down when it is really, really cold, or just whenever. What a pain. We will keep it where it is to use the air conditioning when we need it.

How do you like the music I had added to my website? Pretty cool. I am going to add more to different pages as I find songs that are fitting.

The garden is flourishing, but we do need more rain. I am amazed the cucumbers, green beans, and zucchini, are coming on rapidly. The tomatoes are ripening slowly, but those I have picked have been awesome. I planted Roma's for my father-in-law, and picked about twenty for him to take home last Sunday. Most of them were green and I suggested putting the green ones in a paper bag to ripen. It does work. Takes some time though.

I sent out fourteen of both of my books to domestic violence shelters throughout Ohio this past week. As I get some more money, I will send out more. I just want someone to read them and know they are not alone, and by reading them, they will recognized an abusive and violent situation and get out before they suffer the lasting effects of abuse and violence against them.

This is just a quick blog, as I have a lot to do today and I need to get started. I'm going to hang the bed sheets outside. Love that fresh smell!
Keep in touch. I appreciate hearing from you!
Stay safe, be blessed, and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Best regards,
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home