Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday morning, August 26, 2007

Good morning, folks,
Thanks for visiting my site this past week.
Besides being down right unbearably hot, I had a very busy week. Lots of veggies are still coming on in the garden. I managed to pick green beans yesterday, but ran out of day to do anything with them except wash them and stick them in the frig. I did pick some turnips, and of course many Roma tomatoes. I will do them up today after I get home from the last day of the CCAPL's fund-raiser at the fairgrounds. I'm going in early to hopefully catch some prospective buyers before the tractor pulls start at 9 a.m. We will probably close up the booth around 1 p.m. as the event will wind up around that time.

Our dogs love peaches, except for persnickety Mandy, one of the beagles. She prefers only dog biscuits or varmints from out in the field, like voles or moles or whatever she can find with her acute-smelling nose.

I read in the paper yesterday that Bobbie Cutts, Jr. has plead "not-guilty" as did his accomplish. Well, gee, why would he own up to killing someone? Isn't that just the thing to do when someone doesn't take responsibility for their actions? Even though he admitted killing Jessie Davis, transporting her body to the park and burying her, with his accomplice---now he didn't do it???? Hmm. Now, because of so much wide-spread media coverage, the trial, in September, may be moved to another place? To where? Australia or wherever? As if the whole United States didn't know about it with all the media coverage. What a joke. Then, I read that his parents want to see the little boy, Blake. Hmm, again. Did they have any part of his life for the last 2 and 1/2 years? Now they want to?

I guess we have to wait and see on all of this. There again, abusers and violent men feel justified in their actions towards their victim, and low and behold, again, as so many times it happens, the blame for an abuser's actions goes to someone else, instead of owning up to what was his violent and abusive behavior that caused the outcome of all of it to begin with. What a joke. I'm sure he will play the system for all it is worth. Let's hope and pray it doesn't turn out like another case we are so familiar with and justice will prevail.

On a brighter note, hubby starts back to school on Monday with umpteen kids this school year. He has three classes this coming year. Besides his regular Physics and Chemistry II, he is also teaching Chemistry I. He will be a very busy guy this next school year.

Gotta go for now. Have to pick some corn this morning for a friend of mine that is coming into the fairgrounds this morning and get some of my veggies.

Stay safe. Be blessed, and have a great week. Thanks for your comments and emails. I really appreciate them.
Maybe I'll see you at my book signing at Oberlin College this coming Saturday!
Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home