Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday morning, Sept. 30, 2007

Hello, Everyone.

My oh my how quickly time seems to be passing by. The days are getting shorter, the leaves are coming down, and autumn is arriving once again. The fall colors have not arrived here yet. The smell of autumn is so unique. It has a crispness and odor that is all its own and how easy it is to identify with the different smells of autumn.

Yesterday hubby and I took upon the task of splitting some huge logs he had brought up with the tractor that were near the edge of our woods and we used our new gas-powered log splitter. It is a beauty! One log in particular is at least five feet in diameter. That will be a task in itself to cut up and split with the new log splitter. He is going to adjust the setting of it to vertical instead of horizontal that he used yesterday. I was the "stacker of the wood" in the woodshed. I made many trips. Hubby said I did a good job.

Another log was also very big, but not as big as the huge one that is laying in the field. His little saw quit working so he brought out the "big guns" so to speak and started using the huge chain saw his father got him for Christmas last year. Wow! What a difference that big saw made. He went through that log in no time! We finally quit around 3 p.m. because that is the time we let the dogs loose for their exercise.

The dogs are really cracking me up. Lucy and Woodrow, two of the beagles, plus Clara the Labrador, are "vegetable thieves" as of late. They are stealing green and partially green tomatoes, and also green peppers right off the vines! Stinkers! They love the tomatoes!
I picked another zucchini yesterday too. They just keep coming on!

This past week has been so busy, I find myself trying to meet myself coming and going. The CCAPL meeting is Tuesday night. (I have to get everything together for that, plus an eye doctor appt., putting up signs for the big bazaar Oct. 13Th, taking neighbor lady to the stores, picking up the key for the meeting and a lot going on.)

I was able to procure a book signing in Wheeling, W. Virginia, October 17Th. on a Wednesday at a Barnes & Noble Bookstore at a college. Make sure you check the "Upcoming Events" this coming week as I will have my website fella post it as soon as I get all the details.

I am hoping a lady that used to come to my W.I.S.H. sessions will be able to attend the book signing as I have not seen her in over a year, since she moved to W. Virginia. We do keep in touch by email, and I let her know the other day I will be there. Sure hope she can make it. It will be good to see her. I am so proud of her. She left her abusive relationship, moved away, and found a really nice fellow who treats her wonderfully. She deserves it so much as so many do.
I do believe they got married last year also.

I have to get on the phone and see if I can have more book signings where ever I can before the weather turns and gets nasty.

I tried to do a website for the CCAPL on www.freewebs.com but something is amiss and it is not showing up when I do a "search" for us. They advertise they have over 17 million websites, and I sure do not have the time to search through all of them to see where we are! I just may have to have my website guy come out and help me with it. Bummer.

I thought of making one for myself and my books, but if it is going to be so much trouble, I don't know if it will be worth it. Plus, keeping up with it might be a challenge also. I'm still working on the www.Authornation.com website too. I am having trouble uploading images of my books, and I recently heard from their webmaster that the images I tried to download were too small and blurry. Now I have to wait to hear from Infinity and they are going to send me better images to upload, I guess.

Today I have to mow the yard as soon as it dries out some. Hubby has two tests to make for school and he is going to try and get those done this morning. When his Dad comes, maybe Dad can help him split more logs. I am going to try and take some signs in for the bazaar and put them up at strategic places.

I sure am looking forward to my up-coming book signings at Border's and Barnes & Noble. The Lord is good and has allowed more doors to open for me and it is so awesome this has happened for me. "Praise God from whom all blessings flow!"

Have a good week, folks. Stay safe and be blessed. I hope you are enjoying sunshine in your neck of the woods!
Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home