Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday morning, Sept. 2, 2007

Good morning everyone,

Well I do believe yesterday's book signing was successful. I met a lot of students rushing by to get their books for classes that start at Oberlin College on Tuesday. Some seemed very preoccupied with things on their minds, but did stop at the table to chat in their rush to get downstairs in the bookstore and get those college books! I met some students from California, Idaho, Boston, to name a few. Their life as they knew it is now on a different level and will never be the same. But, as I said to them, "Now a new door has opened and you have the opportunity of a lifetime to change the course of your life." They liked that. (A little bit of wisdom from an "Older Person.")

The trip was 215 miles from where I live. I got there about an hour early and walked around and checked out the various stores in the block. I did happen to go into one place that sold a variety of goods, plus there also seemed to be a flower shop, which was set up in the rear of the shop. The shop-lady-owner, wasn't the most pleasant person. Hmm. Perhaps she was having a bad day or a lot on her mind. Anyway, I purchased some things for Christmas presents for some of my friends, which totaled about $80.00, and she didn't even say "Thank You", "Thanks for stopping in", etc. whatever. I told her she had a nice store and nice things. I think she did say "Thank you" on that one. Anyway, I don't know about you but I feel "Customer Service" and being polite today has pretty much gone out the window. My sister and I talk about this at different times. Wonder why that is? Do the store clerks or owners feel we (as customers) entering in their establishments, should obligate ourselves to purchase something when we walk in? Have they forgotten what "browsing" is all about? Anyway, maybe she was just having a bad day.

The manager of the bookstore, Cheri, is going to try and set up a book signing at her Barnes & Noble store in West Virginia, possibly in October for me. She is temporarily working the one in Oberlin and will return to her store after Tuesday. I am really excited about this and am looking forward to going down there in the near future.

Hubby made his fantastic spaghetti last night for supper. It is the best. He did manage to hurt his low back in the morning, moving an old lawn mower out of the shed. It stuck on one of the tractor tires and he reached down and gave it a jerk, but his low back snapped along with it. Ouch! Now he will have to see his Chiropractor possibly on Tuesday after school if it is not better by then.
Father-in-law is coming down today for his usual visit. I have things to get ready for the CCAPL meeting Tuesday night. Lots to do.
Take care, be blessed, stay safe, and have a great holiday. Hard to believe it is September already. Where did the summer go?
Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home