Sunday, November 11, 2007

"Something to ponder"

"Something to ponder" by Becky Conrad
Look in the mirror. Who do you see? Do you see someone broken beyond repair? Or, do you see someone worth fixing and saving.
Look in the mirror. Can you tell that person, "I am doing my best, but I need to do more. I need to be patient with myself. I need to deal with my anger, hurt, and the pain in a positive way to move forward. I need to learn to forgive."
Look in the mirror. Can you tell that person, "I'm climbing a very high mountain, three steps forward and one step back. But wait! I am still climbing. I must not give up."
Look upward to the heavens, beyond the azure sky. Be thankful you are alive. Your life is not over. It is just beginning on a different and challenging road. A road full of twist and turns. The road is call "life." Gaining knowledge can help me improve and deal with so many things on this hard road of life.
When you look into the mirror, tell yourself, "I am worth this new beginning. I deserve this new beginning. I will face today with a desire to accomplish something to help me grow. I will look forward to tomorrow with a new spirit. A spirit that cannot and should not be broken to please someone else who may take me back to a place I did not want to be."
When you look into the mirror, tell yourself, "I deserve the best. I deserve respect. I deserve a better life---so do my children."
Look into the mirror. Today is a better day. I will embrace it. I will be thankful. I am blessed. I am alive!
(I posted this on my other website at: http://www.authornation.com/ too.)
Hi, Everyone,
I had a very successful book sales and signing yesterday at Border's in Medina, Ohio. The staff was so gracious and helpful. What a terrific store! What a great day! They invited me back.
I talked with many people who have suffered violence, stalking, and abuse in many forms. Their stories were so moving. My heart goes out to them. They are survivors, yet many are still dealing with the after-effects of it all. One person is trying to move on, trying to put it behind her. A sexual assault by a doctor she trusted. Yet she is still dealing with the trauma, waiting for the court systems to move forward with the case. I believe she is strong and will get through it all, but she will never be the person she was before.
A young man I met, I am so proud of. He was abused by his father. He did get counseling to realize that abusive behavior is not normal. Therefore he is on a better road now, not wanting to repeat the actions of his father. Praise God for helping this young man be a better person.
I met a woman who was stalked for eight years. She did not give up, but put her stalker behind bars! Praise God for giving her the courage to do this. She is a survivor!
I handed out literature to those that were open to receiving it. Some could not deal with it. That is okay. One person in particular welled up my empathy. She is a nurse and sees victims of abuse all the time. I could see the compassion in her eyes. She said she cannot read about it. I understand. It is difficult at times to deal with. Maybe another time perhaps.
I'm going to help hubby do more wood today. I'm making ham and bean soup this morning. We already went through the homemade chicken noodle soup this week. Father-in-law will be coming down today too. I'm still painting ceilings. Whew. What a job.
Stay safe, be blessed, get educated on domestic violence and abuse. It could save a life!
Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home