Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday morning, November 3, 2007

Good morning, everyone,

It has been an interesting week. I have been posting things on my new website at www.authornation.com and have had the delightful experience of conversing with new-found authors. I even posted some of my poems in the "Poetry Forum" section from my second book, A BETTER DAY DAWNING. I will do more this coming week as time allows.

Discovering new things on the website has been challenging, and also rewarding, and at times, frustrating. The most difficulty I have been having with it is reducing the size of pictures of book signings I have had at some Barnes & Noble Bookstores, and some Border's Bookstores. I have tried and tried but have not been able to upload the images as of yet, but I will keep working at it, and hopefully, eventually, it will happen.

Last Sunday I decided to take on a major project here at home. I started painting the textured ceilings in our home! Oh, my! What a job that has turned out to be! Whew. Last Sunday, after I was done with the first gallon of paint, I thought my arms were going to fall off, not to mention the burning pain in my neck and shoulders. But, after a day, most of it subsided and I was back to normal. Ha. Whatever that is. I had to wait until Wednesday, to start again. I got the rest of the kitchen done, then the dining room, and part of the family room. Hubby was so kind and showed me how to attached the paint tray to the ladder, and that sure helped.

Thursday the neighbor lady and I went to the stores in town, and then when I returned, I finished the family room and the small hallway near the back bathroom and spare rooms. The ladder is still there, waiting for me to start again. Once I get the ceilings painted, I will have to go back through the entire house and do the trim along the edges. Oh, my. That will be a major challenge.

I am looking forward to the book signing at Border's Bookstore in Medina on Saturday, November 10th. New doors are opening for me, and I am so thankful and blessed that this is happening. I hope to procure more book signings before the weather turns nasty.

Speaking of weather, it is supposed to snow on Tuesday, election day. Just flurries, but still, here we go with the start of winter. It has been fairly nice all week, and I even had the sliding glass door open while I was painting when the sunshine and warmth was coming through. It helped with the fumes too.

I work the election polls all day, and that will be a long day. Today the Democratic Presiding Judge in charge has to pick up the voting machines, call the poll workers, and set up a time and day before Tuesday morning's election so we can set up the machines. Hopefully she will call today sometime and we can do it tomorrow or on Monday night.

I will help hubby today bring out more logs out of our woods. He said there are several more down there to bring up. We sure have a lot of logs split and the woodshed is getting full. Carrying the pieces in the wheelbarrow and stacking them is my job.

On Thursday afternoon, and Friday afternoon, I spent some time clearing the front walkway to the front door of numerous flower plants that have died off, plus some around different areas around the house, garages, and the pond. Whew. I have so many flowers everywhere, and deadheading and clearing off places is very time-consuming. Hmm. Now that my body is older, (even though the mind is not), it is a physical challenge at times to get it all done and keep up with it all. Where does all the grass come from that has invaded the walkway along the front? Man is that hard to pull out! If I do a little at a time, before my back starts giving out, I should get it all done before spring!

I'm still feeding the fish, but that will end soon as the temperature goes down. The job of cutting back the pond plants is at hand, and it will be back-breaking as well. But, the benefits of the pond and all its splendor, outweighs the task.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my website. Tell others, and share with them all the information here to help someone dealing with domestic violence and abuse. There are so many out there that need help and encouragment!

Be blessed, stay safe, and keep in touch.

Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home