Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sunday morning, Dec. 9, 2007

Hi, everyone,
My gosh! What a trip down to Columbus. What is normally a 2 1/2 - 3 hour trip took 6 hours and 10 minutes. I was totally exhausted when I got there, and yes, my knuckles did turn white gripping the steering wheel on more than one occasion. Whew! The roads were treacherous, numerous accidents, and very difficult driving. I don't think I ever used my windshield washer fluid in a year compared to what I used on the way down. (Thanks to hubby who filled it before I left!)

What amazed me was how some drivers drove as though it was a sunny-80 degree day. Sheesh. They drove without any regard to road conditions. Especially the truckers! I know they have deadlines, but you would think they would slow down a little.

At one time, just as I got onto I-70 West, everyone had to exit. It took all of us one hour and ten minutes to go eight miles through a little town! Very exasperating and slow-going. Actually we sat at numerous times and waited and waited. While waiting, the snow was falling in huge flakes, and it was serene. Still, when you have to go to the bathroom, serene was nice, but my mind had to keep telling my bodily function-NOT NOW! Although I did at one point think I could possibly get out of my car, squat down between my car and the semi in front of me and go, but then I would probably have been arrested for indecent exposure or something! Finally, when we reached the entrance back to I-70, it was only a few miles and there was a roadside rest. Whew!
Many cars stopped. In the restroom, the news was revealed that there was a huge accident on I-70. Two semi trucks, and 11 cars were involved. Hmm. I do hope no one was injured severely, but people just have to have some common sense and take more time, go slow, and be considerate.

The ODVN workshop/seminar was absolutely awesome! I learned so much, although my mind was on overload for two days absorbing all the information. Now I am anxious to implement it and help more women that come into my W.I.S.H. program.

I met so many wonderful people. We shared so much and had a great time. I was also allowed to hand out my bookmarks to people that were interested in them.

The trip back was so much better, even though it was dark returning, I was very thankful I made it home safely. I surely hope and pray the other participants did also.

I had to visit my Chiropractor yesterday again for the third time this week. I went on Monday and Tuesday before I left. My back was pretty good while at the seminar, but when I got up Saturday morning, it was a mess again. It is better this morning. I didn't do too much yesterday as I knew I had a lot to do today. Hubby helped me bring up the Christmas tree decorations and I am going to tackle that this morning.

Father-in-law and girlfriend are going to come down for a pre-Christmas dinner. I am cooking a ham that he brought. He is going to call this morning to see if it is a go because we had ice move in last night but it is suppose to clear this morning.

Gotta go,
Have a blessed week! Stay safe.
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home