Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A brand new year!

Hi, everyone,
Well here we are starting a brand new year. Almost hard to believe it is 2008 already. I'm not quite sure where all of 2007 went, but it sure went fast for me. I have discovered the older I get the time goes more quickly. Hmm. Not sure why that is yet.

I have a lot of goals, short-term, and long-term set for myself this year. I want to have more book signings, give more away books to more domestic violence shelters, and try to have more speaking engagements on domestic violence and abuse, and also being an author. Plus, I would like to develop another website I was just told about, which is also "free." Although websites can be quite time-consuming, I believe they are worth it. The Internet has so many vast opportunities at our fingertips, literally, and if I can use it to reach more people and make them aware of the staggering statistics, ramifications, how to be a survivor, and the reality of it all, the more the better!

I would have blogged earlier this morning, but decided to do laundry, take down decorations, and put everything away. Even got the living room back to normal.

I talked with my sister this morning in Georgia, and they are doing fine. I called my brother but he must have gone somewhere for the day. Maybe I'll reach him later. He was up here for a Christmas visit, but we did not get together although we talked on the phone. Maybe when he gets back again from Florida. I have not seen him in over a year, although we talk on the phone periodically, he is very busy too.

The wind woke us up this morning! It is snowy, and blowing quite hard. The birds are even having trouble getting to the feeders! When hubby went out to feed the dogs, he discovered Clara's large, plastic dog dish has vanished to parts unknown. Hmm. It probably was like an airborn-saucer. Hubby went into the garage and got her a large, heavy ceramic bowl to use. If the wind blows that one away, well, it might mean our roof might go too! I certainly hope not! Speaking of the roof---I saw the contractor that is suppose to replace our roof yesterday. Because of the rain, and the thawing of the ground lately, he didn't want to do the roof until the ground is frozen as he believes the truck they use to haul all the debris away would sink into our yard. I can understand that. So, we just have to wait. As long as it isn't leaking, it's okay with us.

This Friday I have to go into work, call my W.I.S.H. girls for Monday, then I have a CCAPL Board of Directors meeting at 6:30 p.m. that night. Then on Monday, the 7th, is our first meeting for the new year that evening. We are hoping the weather holds out, because we have also scheduled a "pot luck" dinner before the meeting. I'm taking scalloped potatoes! Yum! Sure hope they turn out okay.

Hubby's brother and his two boys, plus Dad and his girl-friend, were here most of the day on Sunday. I cooked a ham and all the things to go with it. We had a good time, and the boys and I played a lot of pool downstairs. The youngest thinks I should turn pro! Ha!! He is cute and recently got glasses. They are very nice and he looks very handsome in them for being 9 years old. His brother is also a very smart fellow. He is very gifted and plays the piano and the violin.

They will be leaving at the end of the week to go back to Iowa (where the boys live), and brother-in-law lives and teaches college in Nebraska. They are coming for a visit later on in the week before they head back to their prospective homes.

I recently posted a poem on www.authornation.com . Hope you like it. Just a short one. It is called: "Time." Under "Members" type in survivor_beckyconrad and that will take you to my page.

I sure hope all of you have a grand, safe, healthy, and happy 2008. Keep in touch. I love hearing from you!

Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home