Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday morning, February 26, 2008

Hello Everyone,
What a crazy week weather-wise since my last posting. Ice, snow, rain, snow, ice, rain, -schools closed, nasty traveling, even again today! Hubby's school is now on a two-day make up, and more than likely there will be more before winter's end.

My Internet provider was down over this past weekend, so therefore no posting, no nothing. I was actually going through withdrawal-Yikes! It is amazing how much we get hooked on using our computers for so many things. Then when the provider goes down, that's it! Nothing. Although I did accomplish some things, it was very frustrating as I had a lot of Internet work to do. Oh, well. Up and running now. I did talk with my provider yesterday, and she said it was Verizon's fault. Try getting any compensation from them! Yea, right.

I was able to drive to Elyria on Saturday and meet with other authors from the International Writers Association at Jim's Coffee House in downtown Elyria. The drive was 225.2 miles round trip. Although it was a little nasty starting out in the early morning, (I met a good friend of mine at 7:30 a.m. for breakfast, then headed to Elyria), the day cleared for my trip home.

I met several authors, Dr. T., Holly, her friend Shirley, and Debbie A. was there. It was good to see her again. Her second book is almost done and I am excited for her. I had a really good time. We exchanged a lot of information about writing, getting published, and also discussed more ways to help each other. Debbie referred me to some other writer's clubs closer to me. I am waiting to hear from them.

Last week, hubby's car took a dive. So it was in the mechanic's garage for two days. I took him into work (high school) two mornings, went back at his lunchtime so he could sit in my car to eat both days, and then returned again to bring him home. Then on Wednesday, after leaving the dentist, my car made a horrible noise when I started it. So, I drove to our mechanic's shop, and it was determined it was my starter. So I waited while they got the part and installed it. Doggone cars. They can be such a pain and expense, but a necessity.

I am suppose to go to a meeting today for the Collaborative Group from the office. I spent the last week and a half, putting together a lot of information, statistics chart, etc., to give to the group. I finally finished putting it all together yesterday at the office. Now with the weather today being so nasty, I'm wondering if we will even have the meeting??

Mandy, one of our Beagles, is doing much better now. She is running around as if nothing was wrong with her back. The medicine helped. I'm glad. Even though she can be a little snit at times, especially taking off to parts unknown, I felt bad for her when she was hurting.

I have a lot to get done this morning before I go to the meeting. Newsletters have to be sent out for the CCAPL group that does not have emails. I better get busy on printing envelopes, stamping, and stuffing, and delivering mail and money that came in, to our treasurer.

I finally heard from the Barnes & Noble bookstore in Columbus. They are putting together a whole week of author's, speakers, (I might be one of them!), during the week after Mother's Day in May. I will keep you posted as soon as I know when I will be there. I am so excited. They already ordered my books! Yeah! Praise God!

Thanks for visiting and for your correspondence. I really enjoy hearing from you.

Have a great week---until next time---stay safe-warm-and enjoy.
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home