Saturday, March 08, 2008

Sat. morning, March 8th, 2008

Good morning, folks,
Thanks for stopping by this week. I really appreciate it. Pass my website onto others so they can get help dealing with domestic violence and abuse, and trying to get their lives back.

I woke up this morning at 12:30 a.m. I had gone to bed around 9 p.m., then the sleet/ice hitting the window woke me up along with thunder. Continuously through the night, I listened to the freezing rain hitting the window. Finally I got up at 3:45 a.m. and made the coffee, fed the cats, and turned on CNN.

What a mess weather-wise yesterday. I left the office around 10:30 a.m., ran some errands, and headed home. It was snowing quite heavily, and it was almost a white-out! When I got home around noon, I called hubby at school to see if the kids were going to be dismissed early. He said they were, around 1:15 p.m.

When hubby walked in the door at 3:10 p.m., I asked him if he had to stay longer, and he told me he had left at 1:15 p.m.! Goodness, gracious! He said on the way home, taking a different way home, a State Route, he encountered a school bus, sideways and stuck across the highway on a hill. So, he turned around, went back to town, and then came home the long way. He said the roads were really a mess and it was hard traveling.

When we let the dogs lose for their exercise, it was really coming down. I got a yardstick and measured the snow. So far around 3:30 p.m., we had 4 inches. It was coming down about an inch an hour. It just kept snowing. Around 6 p.m., I could hear the sleet hitting the sky lights, and also building up on top of the snow, which was now over 5 inches.

I guess we are going to get blasted today with blizzard conditions. Just a few moments ago, freezing rain started. I can hear it pinging on the windows. We are supposed to get another 8-12 inches of more snow throughout today. Sheesh. I just hope the power stays on! If not, we will survive and make do. We do have a kerosene heater, and hubby will bring it upstairs. It does a good job of keeping the house fairly warm, and B-Bob, loves to lay next to it. I tolerate the smell in lieu of keeping warm.

Yesterday too while it was snowing so hard, the birds sure had a rough time at the feeders. I kept going out and cleaning the snow off so they could get to the seeds. I noticed a lot of Robins yesterday and also Starlings. They sure picked a bad time to return!

I'm looking forward to attending the Author's Workshop in Lakeland next Saturday. I received an email from another author that is attending, and we are going to meet and have lunch together. We share some things in common (abusive relationships), and I am excited about attending this. I sure hope the weather is decent for traveling!

Holy cow! I just heard it thunder-crazy weather day already! I better get off now, as the power may go off once the power lines are heavy-laden with ice. Good grief.

Stay safe, keep warm, and I'll post more tomorrow. I'll try to get an update on little Cooper.

Peace, love, and laughter.
Becky

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home