Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sun. morning, March 30, 2008

Hi, Everyone.

Well, the author workshop was interesting. I learned the ins and outs on how to write for magazines and other avenues of writing such as submitting short stories, and things along that line. So, that is another avenue of writing I could possibly pursue.

I met a young and beautiful woman from India right away when I sat down next to her. She has finished writing a book of memoirs of her growing up in India and then coming to the U.S. I gave her a few tips on getting published. I took each of my books with me and she bought the first one. She told me her sister is going through a divorce right now and has gone through abuse with him. I hope the book will help her.

We did exchange emails and I look forward to hearing from her and also updates on her progress of getting her book published. I am really excited for her. Lovely lady.

It certainly was a beautiful day yesterday. Not really that warm but at least the sun was shining.
The trip up was okay. I left at 5:30 a.m. I did buy a current map at a gas station when I arrived near the college. For some reason my new Atlas does not have the bypass routes showing and on the way up I had to take a route that was full of construction and traffic lights. Needless to say, I chose a better route home and it was certainly much faster.

When I got home, hubby had his fabulous spaghetti sauce simmering. This was a really great treat after driving so far up and back and attending the workshop. I was tired when I got home. He is such a sweetie!

While I was gone, the lady called and told hubby to go and ahead and go through her manuscript that she gave to me and make corrections. I am honored she wants me to do this.

We have our CCAPL meeting Tuesday night, and I have a lot to prepare for it.

I have a newspaper guy coming to the house on Monday to do an interview about me and my books. I am really excited about it and hope it will promote more sales and best of all, save some lives.

Catch you later, folks! Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, Love, and Laughter. Stay safe.
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home