Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wed. March 26, 2008

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a great and blessed Easter.

I was busy already this morning (up at 3:45 a.m.), and did some additions and changes on some of the pages of my website. I was able to update the "Bobby Cutts Verdicts", added another testimonial from a really sweet lady I received lately and was going to add some more valuable reading on the Suggested Books to Read" list, but forgot the list to add!

So far this week, it has been quite busy. I volunteered at a fundraiser for the CCAPL at our local Ponderosa Monday night, then the next morning worked another one for our first "Membership Drive" at Thorne's Supermarket in town. Sure met a lot of animal lovers and hopefully the event will generate more members to help us with our goals. (Did laundry for two days, and today I might tackle curtains and windows. Yuck. But they need done. It is time.)

I am so excited about the upcoming book sales, signing, and speaking engagement at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore in Columbus. Wow! This is really an incredible opportunity for me and I am so thankful to God for allowing this to happen. One thing I did find out from the "Events Coordinator" is that now my books are officially entered and listed with Barnes and Noble all over the country and also Waldenbooks. Yeah! Maybe I can also get some book signings at other B & N, and maybe even some Waldenbooks book stores. That would be awesome. I hope it will open new doors for me and I can continue to spread the word and educate people on domestic violence and abuse.

Saturday I am attending the writing seminar at Lakeland College. I am looking forward to that a lot. I love to learn more so I can pass on what I learn to other inspiring authors and writers.

I took one of our Beagles, Lucy, down to the neighbors to visit with her new German Shepherd puppy. He is really cute. He needs some socialization. If it doesn't rain today, I will take our laid-back Woodrow down to meet him too. Then, I will take Clara. I probably won't take Mandy down as she is a little snit about other dogs, and it probably would not go well. She is such a brat.

I did manage to clean up some dead debris around the pond on Sunday afternoon. The weather was nice and not so cold. My oh my what a lot of work I have to do in cleaning out flowerbeds. Whew! I did one small one yesterday afternoon while the dogs were getting their exercise and it about broke my back. I'm thinking seriously of eliminating some of the flowerbeds because of my herniated discs and I don't know how much I will be able to do this summer. I just really think getting older and having a bad back is very inconvenient.

I'll post again on Sunday to let you know how the seminar went. Stay safe and think spring!
Some of my crocus are up and they are so pretty.
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home