Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wed. May 14, 2008 - Heading out to Columbus,Oh.

Hi, Everyone,
I'm getting things organized for my presentation tonight at Border's Bookstore on Sawmill Road for this evening at 7 p.m. I am so exited and looking forward to it with great enthusiasm and anticipation. Sure hope I do a good job and sell and sign some books! I have an assortment of literature and hand-outs on domestic violence and abuse, stalking, rape, etc. and hope some take the literature to educate themselves and learn all they can to help themselves and also someone else.

These past two weeks have been a real zoo. Busy doing outside things, mowing, cleaning out the pond, mowing, cleaning out the pond, pulling weeds out of flower beds- until the rain hit, I was moving a long pretty good, then the deluge came. After cleaning out all the muck in the pond, the rain actually helped the pond by replacing the stinky-smelling water I caused by stirring it all up removing the debris and the yucky stuff. I think the fish are doing better now. I counted 13 frogs so far! Yeah!

Hubby can't get his corn and potatoes in, but that is probably a good thing for now as the temperature dipped down and they probably would have rotted in the ground like last year anyway. So far my veggie plants are surviving, and I even have some radishes poking through the water-mud! Amazing. I'll probably have to replant the green beans like I did last year and the zucchini.

I had a speech/presentation to the sixth and seventh graders at our local Middle School yesterday morning at 7:30 a.m. representing the CCAPL. Another lady came with me and brought her dog, "Buddy." He sure loved showing off! She read a very moving letter and the kids seemed to be receptive to it. After it was over, I came home and took the elderly neighbor to the stores. Got back and started mowing. I could not do it all as some places were full of water. More rain coming today through Saturday. Goodness.

I have to make this short as I have a lot to do yet before I leave today. When I come back on Thursday, I am hoping to have a W.I.S.H. session Thursday night from 5-7 p.m. I called some of the women and some said they would come. I sure hope so.

Have a great week, and if you are in the Columbus area, stop and say hello at the Border's store on Sawmill Road!

Best regards, stay safe, and be blessed.
Becky <><

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home