Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday morning, Dec. 21, 2010

Hi, Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!
Well I finally am feeling better. Had to go back to the Dr.'s last Friday and get more antibiotics. I'm allergic to so many, so it is difficult to find one that works and helps me. Plus, Dr. also put me on prednisone to help fight the pneumonia.
So far it is all helping and I am feeling much better. Company from out-of-state is coming this weekend and I'm sure glad I'm better.

I felt good enough to go into work yesterday morning, so as I was traveling to work, on the State Route I take, about halfway to town, within seconds, a doe came at me and hit my van almost head-on! She crashed into the right front side and knocked out the two headlights, cracked the bumper, and bent the fender. I stopped right away, backed up and got out of the van. The impact threw her to the side of the road on the bank. Poor thing. It took about a minute for her to die. I called hubby on my cell phone to tell him about it and then went into work. Not a good way to start the day, but hey,I feel blessed and looked after because she could have come over the hood and into my windshield!

So, now that is both of us that got hit by deer in the last two months. Hubby's vehicle was over $1900.00 in damages. Mine isn't as much: $1,000.00. I have to take it in on Sunday afternoon for them to fix it next week.

I had a new girl for my W.I.S.H. group yesterday. I was so glad she came in. She is dealing with a lot of low self-esteem and really needs someone to talk to. I'm glad I was there for her.

On the way out, I was so blessed to see a former survivor and W.I.S.H. participant coming in the door! We hugged and exchanged emails. She is doing well and has remarried. I'm so happy for her!

Gotta get going early this morning. Hubby and I are going to town for errands and store, hair cut for him, and food supplies for this weekend for the big "Christmas Turkey" dinner.

Callie-Kitty has a new thing she does now. She brings me her little green mouse and we play "fetch" back and forth for about a half hour in the evenings in the family room. At least it wears her out a little and she sleeps better during the night and so do I! Ha!

Take care, stay safe, and I'll be back soon.
Becky

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home