Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wed. morning, February 16, 2011

Hi,Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by and for your emails and questions. I really appreciate your interest and correspondence!

A week ago today, I stepped on a patch of ice and went flying! I was airborne for a second or two and then landed with a splat on my back. Wow! It sure knocked the wind out of me. I laid there for a few minutes and then got up. Walked into the bank and started getting nauseous and the teller got me a chair to sit on. After a few minutes, (my knees started shaking), I felt a little calmer. Well, after about a half hour, I decided to go to the local Stat Care and get checked. I was having trouble taking breaths, my right hip and shoulder were getting more sore by the minute. After x-rays were taken, the doctor couldn't say 100% sure if I broke any ribs, but it sure felt like it, especially in front and a spot in my back near the lower point of my right shoulder blade. So, I went on home.

As the evening progressed, so did the pain. By the next morning I was a total mess. I couldn't move my head to the left either. So I went in and saw my Chiropractor. He worked on me gently and said I had knocked my hip out (thank God I didn't break it!), and had a whiplash of my neck from landing and the impact. Boy, was I getting really sore on my right side from my hip to my shoulder! He said the impact of landing definitely could have broken some ribs.

The next several days were not the best I've ever had. Sleeping was really hard so I propped pillows behind me and slept off and on for about five nights. Then when the coughing started, I thought I was going to explode! It hurt so bad! Could someone take the knife out of my side and my back please! Sheesh!

Because I was starting to cough more, I became concerned about pneumonia setting in, so I made an appointment with my physician. He checked me out and concluded I was getting congested and put me on an antibiotic as a precaution in case pneumonia was setting in.

Well ya know stuff happens, and I've really tried to be careful this winter with so much ice everywhere! The place where I slipped was a vacant business and not the bank's property but their concern was very heartwarming.

I didn't go out of the house (our back yard is a frozen lake of ice), and being so cold too, I just stayed inside. I sat in my favorite chair in the family room, read and watched T.V., worked on the computer, and talked to my sister by phone. The cats seemed to know I wasn't quite right, and would get on my lap and snuggle with me, especially Callie-kitty. Hubby took care of everything that I usually do and has been so patient and understanding. He is so good!

We are going to get a touch of spring starting today and it will feel so good! Maybe it will melt much of the ice. Of course it is going to snow by Monday, but I'm certainly going to enjoy the warmer weather while it is here!

Until next time, stay safe everyone, and enjoy!
Becky :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home