Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by!
I appreciate your emails and uplifting words of encouragement regarding my books.

I have been invited to speak at the Cleveland Clinic from Noon to 12:45 p.m. to the group of domestic violence and abuse committee, and others who may attend within the Cleveland Clinic. This is quite an honor for me and I am looking forward to sharing my experiences and knowledge. I hope to inspire and motivate them to reach out to victims/survivors they deal with.

Wendy Brewer, Manager of the Joseph-Beth Bookstore in the Cleveland Clinic, was instrumental in procuring this speaking engagement and book signing and I am so grateful for her confidence in me to present and also have a book sales and signing at Joseph-Beth. Thanks, Wendy!

I have been so busy with so many fund-raisers for the CCAPL. We broke ground on our property on September 13th. We had a ceremony on Sat. Sept. 17th, and are looking to the future to procure funding to build the animal shelter. Our goal is 2013, or before if we can raise the funds to build it and then maintain it!

The summer has ended and frost is predicted for this Saturday. I'll have to get the peppers picked and anything else before it hits. I may not go to the Farmer's Market as it is going to be so cold. I get there at 6 a.m. and stay until Noon. Brr! The high is only supposed to reach 50+ degrees for the day!

Hubby is doing well with the kids at school. He doesn't have Freshman this year and this has reduced his stress level quite dramatically!

The cats are fine, the dogs are fine too and still searching for anything in the garden to eat! Woodrow is still searching for any potatoes we may have missed! Clara and Lucy are still swiping tomatoes when they get the chance!

I've had some good group sessions lately in my WISH group. Many women hurting and dealing with the acts of violence and abuse in their relationships.

Gotta go for now.
Thanks again for stopping by. Be safe, and learn all you can about domestic violence and abuse so you do not become a victim!

Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home