Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hi, Everyone,
I haven't been able to do my blog for a few weeks as I had a major crisis with our elderly neighbors. The siblings got that mess resolved and he is in a nursing home now. He attacked his wife, (he's been violent and abuse for years with some dementia and psychotic mental issues - 92 y.o.), and now he is finally where he needs to be to keep her safe. Maybe she can enjoy what years she has left in peace.

Hubby and I are having a 30th. anniversary party here at the house on May 14th. and we are looking forward to family and friends attending. It should be a grand day!
My sister and her husband are coming up from Tennessee and that is so cool! They haven't been up her in quite a while and if elderly Aunt and Uncle can make it, it will be a "family reunion" of sorts too. My brother and his girlfriend, and his daughter (my niece and her family) are coming too. Hopefully our cousin as well can make it. Cool.

The rain is not stopping! The grass in the yard is getting very high, and we just can't get it mowed as it is way to wet. Hubby may have to use the brush hog to mow soon! Sheesh.

The tornadoes have just been unreal in many areas and May is the worst month. So please pray for those folks who have lost their loved ones and everything else.
I can't imagine what they are dealing with. So sad.

I posted a video of Callie-kitty fetching her mouse on YouTube. My first video!
It is cute. I've been throwing her mouse for about a half hour now since I've been on the computer doing work. She just loves her mousie!

I've been really busy doing things for the animal organization I belong to. We are trying to schedule fund-raisers (weather permitting) to keep raising funds for various projects we have on the agenda for this summer on our land.

The beautiful yellow Finches are so abundant this year. I counted about 30 of them at the feeders in the last few days. Plus, hubby noticed the Baltimore Oriels are back too and I must pick up some oranges soon for them. I did put out Grape jelly in the special feeder, but they sure love oranges too!

My boss and I are speaking at a local church this Sunday on domestic violence and abuse. We spoke a few weeks ago for the retired teachers and it was a great presentation. (At least that is what they said about it!)

Well, I have to go now, many things to get done today for the fund-raiser tomorrow and the speech for Sunday.

Take care, be safe, and thanks again for stopping by. Keep in touch. Love to hear from you as always,

Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home